RECOMMENDATIONS ATA to SIP Handset (Android)

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
So,

I am hoping someone here might have an answer to an interesting issue. Have an family member who needs to connect two analog phone lines do to the apartment door and building requirements, as well as what's avilable in the building --

Rather than building an asterisk and using that, I would like to find something like a two-line OBI with an Android client that can connect to / through it --

Am I dreaming or has someone here run into something like this --
-------

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
The OBI is a sip server, your android client is a sip client, if your network allows connections between the client and the server, that is all you need apart from the user and password if necessary.

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
Is the OBI a sip server? Does it do IP authentication?

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
They are SIP servers insomuch as if you attempt a SIP connection with the right authority it will "service" the invite appropriately, I don't believe they allow IP authentication per se.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.