TIPS Asterisk on RasP3 quitting after apt upgrade

noguru

Reaction score
I have two RasP3 boxes setup since June 16, and both worked nicely so far. (Thanks Ward).

After an 'apt update && apt dist-upgrade', asterisk does not start automatically anymore. A manual start via 'systemctl restart asterisk.service' works, it survives any RINGs, but as soon as it tries to connect ("bridge"?) a call, asterisk just quits.
I have been searching the logs, watching the console with 'asterisk -rvvv', but cannot find anything useful to actually add to this post.

Any ideas on how to debug this ?
Was it a bad idea to 'apt dist-upgrade' ?
Any recommendations before a re-install from scratch ?
(I am a pretty solid Debian admin, but this is my first experience with asterisk/incredible)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I have two RasPi3 boxes setup since June 16, and both worked nicely so far. (Thanks Ward).

Was it a bad idea to 'apt dist-upgrade' ?

Yes. If you want a stable environment, leave it as it is installed. Too many issues get introduced with upgrades unfortunately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.