AsteriDex Script Is Ready

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
In keeping with the PBX in a Flash promise, here is the fifth in the Nerd Vittles script collection. In under 15 seconds, it installs the AsteriDex RoboDialer application on PBX in a Flash systems only. Only use this script if you are in the U.S. and you can dial outbound numbers on your PBX in the format 1-areacode-number. Once installed, you can access AsteriDex with a web browser pointed to your PBX in a Flash ipaddress/asteridex4 or with your cellphone pointed to your PBX in a Flash FQDN/cellphone. You also can add speed dial entries which can be dialed from any extension with 00#### where #### is the speed dial number.

If you'd like to test this (do it only once!!), log into your PBX in a Flash server as root and issue the following commands:
Code:
[COLOR=black]cd /root
wget http://bestof.nerdvittles.com/applications/asteridex4/asteridex.pbx
chmod +x asteridex.pbx
./asteridex.pbx
amportal restart
[/COLOR]

For complete documentation and customization tips, visit the Best of Nerd Vittles site. Your feedback is appreciated!!

frontline

Reaction score
Is the database compatible with the original version? If so, how to recover the info I now have. I can carve out the database export and import. Just wondering if you have a NV slick trick ready for that task. :)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Database is the same. Just export and import using phpMyAdmin.

frontline

Reaction score
I notice a htaccess file in the asteridex4 directory. The contents appear to contain apache .htaccess directives. If so the name should probably be changed from htaccess to .htaccess

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
It's just a sample to show how to set it up if desired.

wifinetguy

Reaction score
extensions_additional.conf?

Hi. I'm trying to get asteridex working on my v1.1 of PIAF. In the instructions referenced above, it says to go to extensions_additional.conf in the Config Edit section of Tools. However, extensions_additional.conf doesn't exist. Should I be looking at extensions_custom.conf? Do I actually have to make the changes that are referenced in the instructions? When I try to have Asteridex dial, it rings my extension, but when I pick up I get an "all circuits are busy" message. If I dial manually, it works fine.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Extensions_additional.conf exists. You just can't see it with the patch to ConfiEdit. Log into your server as root and then do the following:

cd /etc/asterisk
nano -w extensions_additional.conf

Look at the Global variables OUT_1, OUT_2, etc. The symptom you are describing is a tell-tale sign that you're not using the correct trunk number for the outbound calls. Once you decipher the correct number, then edit the [custom-callboth] entries in extensions_custom.conf as described in the documentation under Dialplan Setup.

wifinetguy

Reaction score
OK, so I'm slow!

Thanks, Ward. But maybe I'm being ignorant. The instructions say to use the "number" of the trunk in the extensions_custom.conf. So, in mine I have:

[custom-callboth]
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Wait(1)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,Background(pls-wait-connect-call)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,3,Macro(dialout-trunk,2,${EXTEN},)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,4,Macro(dialout-trunk,3,${EXTEN},)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,5,Macro(dialout-trunk,0,${EXTEN},)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,6,Macro(dialout-trunk,1,${EXTEN},)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,7,Macro(outisbusy)
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Wait(1)
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,2,Background(pls-wait-connect-call)
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,3,Macro(dialout-trunk,2,${EXTEN},)
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,4,Macro(dialout-trunk,3,${EXTEN},)
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,5,Macro(dialout-trunk,0,${EXTEN},)
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,6,Macro(dialout-trunk,1,${EXTEN},)
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,7,Macro(outisbusy)

My VoicePulse trunks that I use to call out are trunks 2 & 3. What am I replacing the "exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,3,Macro(dialout-trunk,2,${EXTEN},)" with? If I am understanding correctly, I will change the '2' after the dialout-trunk with something. But what?

Thanks in advance...

ttpears

Reaction score
Weird problem

I have gotten the Asteridex4 to work once from the web interface, I've try changing the config all sorts of ways.
As of now it reads (config.inc.php):

$INtrunk="SIP" ;
$defaultExt="2005";
$LDprefix="1" ;
$CallerID="xxxxxxxxx" ;

This is how it read when it worked once, but now when I try it, no ring, no nothing, nothing on the CLI either, even tried debug. At first I was having problems with it logging into the Asterisk Manager (checked callboth.php for the default password and changed it, now it logs on). But even if I change the extension, nothing.

Any suggestions or clues ?

No, it was not installed on this box before either, however I did use Asteridex with Trixbox a few months ago, I miss it!

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
Is it possible to update Asteridex db using the caller id from the CNAM script?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
A FreePBX module for AsteriDex now is available. Log in as root and issue the following commands:
Code:
cd /root
wget http://pbxinaflash.net/scripts/asteridex.tgz
cd /
tar -zxvf /root/asteridex.tgz
Once installed, open FreePBX. Choose Module Admin. Scroll to AsteriDex and click on it. Choose Install. Choose Process. Reload dialplan and you're done.

AsteriDex now will appear in Tools->Third Party Addons.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Is AsteriDex db backed up with daily backup, If not which file should we be looking for.

Calunker

Reaction score
I have Asteridex installed on my system and installed this module but when I click on the module on the toolbar I get ... "NOT FOUND", the requested URL /robodial was not found on this server. Any ideas how to trouble shoot this issue?

Reaction score
Yeah, I had the same problem. I had to change /var/www/html/admin/modules/asteridex/page.asteridex.php so that it has the following:
Code:
<iframe width=100% height=550px src="../../../asteridex4"/>
</iframe>

I don't know if that's what was intended, but it gives the asteridex main page.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Sorry about that. Forgot we had changed the directory name. Anyway, it's fixed now. Thanks. :smash:

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
Hm, just installed it and it does not work. I mean it seems to have installed fine, but when I click on it, it says URL /asteridex not found. I searched for asteridex and asteridex4 but only found the two files from the tarball. I then edited the page. file mentioned above to show ../../../asteridex (removed the 4) but it still errors out.

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
Never mind. I browser did not show the entire thread properly. I found the rest of the instructions I missed. It works fine! Sorry!!

to6y

Reaction score
Is it possible to get the users extension CID to show rather than the default company caller id?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.