QUESTION Alert info or distinctive ringtones for each DID on a Mitel 5224

imekul

Reaction score
I have Mitel 5224 phones, and I have two DIDs coming in to my Incredible PBX 12.0.74 system.

As an example, DID1 goes to a ring group for Extension 200 on my Mitel 5224, and DID2 goes to a ring group for Extension 300.

My goal is to have two different ringtones so I can easily distinguish which DID is ringing on the phone.

From my reading online, it seems it's the alert info section of the ring group. I have tried putting different things there, such as alert-community1 and alert-priority. Nothing seems to change the sound of the ringer.

I have also looked at the web-based GUI for the Mitel 5224, and I can't find anywhere to set the ringtone per account or anything like that.

Any thoughts? I had a similar setup working on an old FreePBX system, but I can't seem to get it going on the new installation.

Thank you!

kenn10

Reaction score
In the ring group alert-info section, try "Bellcore-dr3" for a double ring. If that doesn't work, try "Bellcore-r2" . The different rings are usually Bellcore-dr1 thru Bellcore-dr8. Some phones don't want the "r" in there before the number."

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
here is how I setup my mitel 5330:
in the pbx for the ring group or inbound route set the Alert Info to any of the distinctive ring keywords example: alert-group, alert-priority, alert-community1, etc
just add "alert-" onto the keywords that are defined in the phone

under Caller ID services on the phone:
chose the keyword and select the ring type under the call handling action
apply the change

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.