FYI Add X-10 Control to PBXinaFlash

restamp

Reaction score
This probably won't be of interest to most of you, but perhaps someone here will find it of value. I use a lot of X-10 devices around the house to control various lights and appliances, and I've always wanted to have the ability to control these devices remotely, so I recently started looking at writing a dialplan extension to do just that. It actually turned out to be a pretty straightforward task to integrate my existing X-10 software control program with Asterisk. In my case, the heavy lifting is done by a software daemon -- in this case a program called "x10d" (another "project" of mine, but one I tackled years ago) -- that talks to a CM11a X-10 controller which in turn issues the actual X-10 commands.

For the interested or curious, more information on this project, along with everything necessary to pull it off (except the CM11a hardware module), can be found here:

http://cboh.org/piaf/x10control/

Even if you employ other software and/or hardware for controlling your X-10 devices, this URL may offer some insights as to how to integrate it with Asterisk. Enjoy.

Reaction score
Cool! I thought I was the only CM11 user left in the world.

Thanks for sharing. I'll have to take a look at this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.