Joshoa

Reaction score
Hi all.
Here is a link to LiveCD v1.1
[http://www.4shared.com/file/o0xZjkn-/livecd.html]
+tftpd server
+add one more ip alias for REDBOOT compatability
+2 kernels (umec and unbranded)
+script to auto-jump in to REDBOOT (works, you have try it several times)

Manual:
1) Boot from LiveCD
2) execute [/redbootjump.sh] (if successful - you will see [Redboot >] prompt)
KERNEL partition re-writing. DANGER. SCARY.
3) [load -h 10.73.61.100 -r -b 0x100000 umec-kernel]
4) [fis delete kernel]
5) [fis create kernel]
Actually you can power the phone off, and power it on again while holding [1+#] and it will boot from NFS. But you can force it to do it right now.
6) [exec -b 0x100000 -l 0x200000 -c "noinitrd console=ttymxc0,115200 ip=dhcp root=/dev/nfs rw"] (You will see the red progress bar)

There will be next version of LiveCD.
With a little bit modified [/dev/sda1] firmware update method. ([dd] of whole /dev/sda, Dominic`s idea, so it will work even if partition table is damaged and there is no /dev/sda1)

Good luck,

J

Joshoa

Reaction score
You posted a link to the live iso back a page here and there are three jpg's of the Iris's circuit board there too.
I figured one was showing USB pins but the main text was in cyrillic. No rush< I am keeping myself busy
with other things.
Thanks
Dom

Hi
1. +5Vdc Do not use
2. D-
3. D+
4. GND

It is important not to make mistake!

On another picture, where the small IC is marked, text says "For ROOT-on-USB this IC must be present"

Thats the difference between HW versions.
First, the older, has ROOT-fs on a regular USB flash drive embedded in motherboard.
Second, newer, has ROOT-fs on NAND flashIC. You can see the place for it on a picture right above big black IC.

J

07112011573.jpg

Jarrek

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the "Mail" button can be programmed?

Jarrek

Reaction score
I got DTMF working on one of the phones I setup.

What I did differently, is not configure the Network over the web based interface. I have a feeling it has to do something with the RTP settings - possibly. My provider uses a range of 10,000 to 20,000, and the phone default is in the 9000 range. If you modify something on the Network, it asks you to change the RTP range to 20,000 and onwards.

I will test this theory by resetting one of the other phones and following the same procedure as I did with this phone.

We'll see.

In order for DTMF to work properly, you need to make sure you have TE listed as an active codec. By default, it is selected.

All of the ACN IRIS 3000 phones I am using with VOIP.ms have DTMF fully functional.

Has nothing to do with RTP settings.

Joshoa

Reaction score
In order for DTMF to work properly, you need to make sure you have TE listed as an active codec. By default, it is selected.

All of the ACN IRIS 3000 phones I am using with VOIP.ms have DTMF fully functional.

Has nothing to do with RTP settings.

Hi
Thanx a LOT, man!
Thats why i wasn`t able to find any traces of RTP payload related to DTMF!
[TE] means, i think, [Telephone Events], which is exactly the DTMF and other things.
Now i see why it is under CODEC settings.

J

Jarrek

Reaction score
Hi
Thanx a LOT, man!
Thats why i wasn`t able to find any traces of RTP payload related to DTMF!
[TE] means, i think, [Telephone Events], which is exactly the DTMF and other things.
Now i see why it is under CODEC settings.

J

NP.

Do you know if the MAIL button can be programmed? I need it to dial *97 for example.

Joshoa

Reaction score
NP.

Do you know if the MAIL button can be programmed? I need it to dial *97 for example.

Hi
AFAIK, the number which is dialed by pressing on this button is your extension number.
But there is a whole lot of settings in [/release_hifi_v2ip_640X480_mx27_fs_r3/resource/config.cfg]
I`ll take a look on it today.

J

Joshoa

Reaction score
NP.

Hi
Try to put your # in
[/release_hifi_v2ip_640X480_mx27_fs_r3/resource/phone.cfg]
[VMailNumber=]

J

Joshoa

Reaction score
Hi Joshoa,

it seems that your latest link to live-cd went dead

http://www.4shared.com/file/_o06NYbU/livecd-unlock_v1_1.html]

Iris 3000

Hi
I re-uploaded the image over the old one and edited the post.
Just use the old live-cd link, you will see that the ISO size is different.
[ http://www.4shared.com/file/o0xZjkn-/livecd.html ]

J

PS I did a kernel update on one of my phones to [nobrand-kernel] and it works!
I don`t know what kind of advantage it will add except of different splash-screen thou, but at least it worked.

iris3000

Reaction score
Joshoa,

Ok, then I used your latest image (downloaded might be like 7 hours ago) by following link you provided to older livecd image. I've studied it a little bit -- as far as I can see you have set t*f*t*p server with couple kernels, nfs (/var/umec/code).

All in all not too bad but I came across a problem quite soon. I've attempted to configure NIC alias and system did not allow me to do it - my guess is that probably if IP address assigned statically it does not work. I had to issue

ifconfig eth0 down
dhclient eth0 -- to obtain local IP address from my DHCP server
ifconfig eth0:0 10.73.61.100 netmask 255.0.0.0 up
route add -net 10.73.61.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 dev eth0:0

And here I stumble on other problem -- I was running it in VMWare player/virtual machine and could not get ping to the phone. I decided to move on my linux machine and not waste time to figure out why it does not work in VM as I wanted to test something very quickly

Ok, now about my little test -- how to get into RedBoot without any pain. I know that you already made some improvement on this front but as you wrote yourself it does not work everytime.

Well, what would you say if there is a better way? Which works much more reliable? And what if we can achieve even more automation with this quite useful tool?

What would you expect from "expect"?

Ok, I must admit that I knew about this tool for "ages" but I must confess that I never tried it. Recently I visited some my friend and I mentioned "RedBoot" access problem, after I said that I've attempted to use "Perl" to get into "RedBoot" through Network Sockets and it did not worked as I would expect (I've spent some time trying to figure out why I do not get expected results -- even "WireShark" network snooping on network packets indicates that it should work).

I must admit that I was intrigued with your sequence of "\0377\0364\0377\0375\0006" and was close to contact you about it but "Google" gave the answer quite quick. And through "Google" I got even more than what I was asking for -- several ways to get into "RedBoot" and one of them was through "expect".

To my surprise it works really very well -- unfortunately you have to "rebuild" your "livecd" once more to add this tool. It is quite easy to add "expect" into installed system with one command as "root"

root# apt-get install expect

The command above will install extra package "TCL" Version 8.5 which is required for "expect" as it written in TCL (Tool Command Language).

So bellow is the magic script to get into "RedBoot"

Code:
#!/usr/bin/expect
# expect script to connect to the Iris 3000 RedBoot loader.
# set the IP address and the port for the loader.

set target "10.73.61.201"
set port 9000

# 1. Start ping and wait for a response.
# 2. When RedBoot is alive, start the telnet session.
# 3. Allow .5 seconds after the connect for telnet
#    to get his act in order.
# 4. Send the ^C and wait for the RedBoot prompt.
# 5. Get the version information.
# 6. Return control to the user.

spawn ping $target
set timeout -1
expect {
  -re "time=.*$" close
}

spawn telnet $target $port
expect -re "Escape character is.*$" {
  sleep .5
  send \003
  expect "RedBoot>" {
    send "version\r"
  }
}

interact

I must admit that this script is nothing that "borrowed" and "altered" with our IP and port numbers.

With a little alternation this script can "reflash the kernel" or we can modify it to give us most critical information about the phone "MTD" or "SDA", version, settings -- or automatically change default IP address and many many other things can be done with "expect".

Code:
#!/usr/bin/expect

set port 9000

spawn ping $target
set timeout -1
expect {
  -re "time=.*$" close
}
  sleep .5
  send \003
  expect "RedBoot>" {
    send "load -h 10.73.61.100 -r -b 0x100000 umec-kernel\r"
    send "fis delete kernel\r"
    send "fis create kernel\r"
    send "exec -b 0x100000 -l 0x200000 -c 'noinitrd console=ttymxc0,115200 ip=dhcp root=/dev/nfs rw'\r"
  }
}

Or for example to get configuration

Code:
#!/usr/bin/expect

set port 9000

spawn ping $target
set timeout -1
expect {
  -re "time=.*$" close
}
  sleep .5
  send \003
  expect "RedBoot>" {
    send "fconfig -l\r"
  }
}

And one more note in regard of "fconfig -l" output -- "Default server IP address: 10.73.61.56". I guess that some commands can use this IP by default (I did not try "load" command). So it might have sense to change from 10.73.61.100 to 10.73.61.56. I am not sure but it has "Gateway IP address: 10.0.0.81" which was assigned for some reason and it might be significant as well.

Code:
RedBoot> fconfig -l
Run script at boot: true
Boot script:
.. fis load kernel
.. exec -w 1 -b 0x100000 -l 0x200000 -c "noinitrd console=ttymxc0,115200 root=/dev/mtdblock4 rootfstype=jffs2 init=linuxrc ip=none fec_mac=00:04:9f:00:82:4c video=mxcfb:TV-NTSC"

Boot script timeout (1000ms resolution): 1
Use BOOTP for network configuration: false
Gateway IP address: 10.0.0.81
Local IP address: 10.73.61.201
Local IP address mask: 255.0.0.0
Default server IP address: 10.73.61.56
Board specifics: 0
Console baud rate: 115200
Set eth0 network hardware address [MAC]: false
Set FEC network hardware address [MAC]: false
GDB connection port: 9000
Force console for special debug messages: false
Network debug at boot time: false
Default network device: mxc_fec
RedBoot>

So, now with "expect" we can not only get into "RedBoot" automatically. We can get into "RedBoot" load "kernel" over network, replace "kernel" in flash/load into memory and pass control to loaded kernel with one command.

Generally we can through "expect" script, change any parameter as we would do manually through "telnet".

NOTE: "fconfig -l" output has "GDB connection port: 9000" -- somehow I missed it before.
GNU debugger could give us access into debugging mode of "RedBoot" over network if such need would arise.
It is even possible to replace "RedBoot" with our own (a little risky as if we do something incorrectly then only JTAG will be a way to fix the problem).

http://ecos.sourceware.org/redboot/

Iris 3000

Jarrek

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make a direct video call between two IRIS 3000 phones?

I can make a direct call between a video softphone (on a PC) and the IRIS, but not between two actual phones. What format would I use for the number? Ie; [email protected] - doesn't seem to work.

Jarrek

Reaction score
I'm experiencing poor call quality with some of these phones, especially on the receiving end. People are complaining about a lot of background noise.

Does anyone know if this is just inherent with these phones, or can call quality be adjusted through the settings?

Carlos Neves

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make a direct video call between two IRIS 3000 phones?

I can make a direct call between a video softphone (on a PC) and the IRIS, but not between two actual phones. What format would I use for the number? Ie; [email protected] - doesn't seem to work.

Hi there... i'm using "sip2sip" to connect, thru my four video phones! But there are many free providers, "ekiga" "iptel.org"...

Carlos Neves

Reaction score
I'm experiencing poor call quality with some of these phones, especially on the receiving end. People are complaining about a lot of background noise.

Does anyone know if this is just inherent with these phones, or can call quality be adjusted through the settings?

Try to login with your web browser into video phone (192.168.1.65:8080 in my case), then "phone setup", then try to use in " Image capture size" VGA. it works for me, with very good quality.

Carlos Neves

Reaction score
Hi
AFAIK, the number which is dialed by pressing on this button is your extension number.
But there is a whole lot of settings in [/release_hifi_v2ip_640X480_mx27_fs_r3/resource/config.cfg]
I`ll take a look on it today.

J

Can you provide more info?

Jarrek

Reaction score
Try to login with your web browser into video phone (192.168.1.65:8080 in my case), then "phone setup", then try to use in " Image capture size" VGA. it works for me, with very good quality.

Hi,

I was referring to the sound quality. When talking to a person using this phone, there is a lot of background noise.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.