Aastra XML scripts 2.3.0 Beta

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
Updated on 7/15/10 for GA version
Dear PIAF users,

The new version of the Aastra XML scripts (2.3.0) is now GA, thank you for helping us to finalize this version, it has been a rocky road.

Compatibility
  • 9112i, 9133i, 480i and 480iCT in 1.4.3 (for these phones, auto-discovery works only with the mDNSResponder package not with avahi).
  • 6730i/6731i/6751i/6753i/6755i/6757i/6757iCT/9143i/9480i/9480iCT in 2.5.3 or better (2.6.0 recommended)
  • 6739i in 3.0.1
  • Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6
  • freePBX 2.5, 2.6, 2.7 and 2.8
The optimum configuration combination to get all the features is with:
  • Asterisk 1.6
  • freePBX 2.7 or 2.8
Main Changes
  • Compatibility with Aastra6739i
  • Compatibility with Asterisk 1.6
  • Compatibility with freePBX 2.5, 2.6, 2.7 and 2.8
  • New phone status synchronization mechanism to limit polling
  • Day/night application now allows individual index control
  • Redesigned Visual voice mail application
  • Redesigned ACD queues management
  • New application to allow a user to modify the configuration of the phone keys
  • Enhanced Presence application with more statuses and individual actions when not available
  • LDAP directory application for Microsoft Exchange Global Address List access
  • Aastra deamons are now linux services
  • Auto-discovery now performed by the standard avahi package, mDNSResponder not needed anymore unles you are using 1.4.x phones (9112i, 9133i, 480i and 480iCT)
  • MP3 Player application removed
More details in the documentation which is available here.

Installation from previous versions (2.2.0, 2.2.1) or from any 2.3.0 beta
The new scripts have different package dependencies compared to the previous versions:
  • Remove the previous version of the scripts (if previously installed)
  • Reboot the server to cleanup the "old" deamons
  • Download installation tool
  • Run installation tool
  • (Re)Create aastra.cfg
  • Check installation (new provided tool)
  • Migrate current users to the new version
So logged as root
Code:
# cd /tmp
# rpm -e aastra-xml-scripts
# reboot
# cd /tmp
# wget http://pbxinaflash.net/source/aastra-xml-2.3.0/install-aastra-xml.x.gz
# gunzip install-aastra-xml.x.gz
# chmod +x install-aastra-xml.x
# ./install-aastra-xml
# setup-aastra-xml
# /var/www/html/aastra/utilities/check_install
# /var/www/html/aastra/utilities/apply_prf –r ALL

For people using the freePBX device/user mode

We have changed the way we perform the login/logout of a user in order to avoid to modify the agi script provided by freePBX, but when we tested the feature we discovered a bug in the AGI script which has been submitted to freePBX (thanks Philippe), therefore until the bug is fixed it is strongly recommended to download a modified version of the script (which is not part anymore of the aastra-xml-scripts RPM). The AGI file can be found here. It must be installed in /var/lib/asterisk/cgi-bin.

Software status
  • Beta 1 04/19/2010
  • Beta 2 04/23/2010
  • Beta 3 N/A
  • Beta 4 05/27/2010
  • Beta 5 06/25/2010
  • Beta 6 07/01/2010
  • GA 7/15/10
Beta main updates
  • Beta 2: Outgoing calls integrated with Superfecta callerID lookup
  • Beta 2: Auto-logout configurable via the Logout menu
  • Beta 2: Auto-logout configuration parameter to enable/disable the feature
  • Beta 2: Auto-logout idle screen message configuration parameter to enable/disable the feature
  • Beta 2: Administrator external tool to change auto-logout for users
  • Beta 2: Presence application status display (LED and idle screen message) not properly managed
  • Beta 2: Fixed various timing bugs for the Visual VM on 6739i
  • Beta 4: Fixed device/user freePBX mode
  • Beta 4: Parking and Call Pickup can now be a single key on the phone
  • Beta 4: Compatibility with Asterisk 1.6.2
  • Beta 4: Presence statuses now configurable
  • Beta 4: Picture Caller ID application for 6739i with pattern matching and custom labels
  • Beta 4: apply_prf fixed to support special characters in SIP secret and maintain phone language
  • Beta 4: PBX directory now includes a search function for large installations
  • Beta5: FMFM LED control fixed
  • Beta5: New .prf file to allow user specific changes within a profile
  • Beta5: Revamped meetme conference application using admin and user PIN numbers
  • Beta5: Updated pictureID application for 6739i
  • Beta6: Fixed some feature sync issues with Asterisk 1.4
  • Beta6: Fixed aastra_daemon1 crash after server reboot with Asterisk 1.4
  • Beta6: Improved pattern matching in the picture Caller ID application (6739i)
  • GA: fixed some php warnings
  • GA: day/night module now optional
  • GA: new capability to add custom keys available to the user via the key application
Bug Reporting
As usual, please use this forum to report bugs or some (simple) enhancements you would like to see. When you report a problem please make sure that you provide:
  • Phone model
  • Asterisk exact version
  • freePBX version (framework)
  • freePBX mode ('extensions' or 'deviceanduser')
  • USEDEVSTATE is activated or not in /etc/amportal.conf
We hope you will like what we have changed, we tried to inject all the various requests we got through the forum(s). Let us know if you have issues during the upgrade process as we did not try all the possible configurations.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

aastra1

Reaction score
Hi Aastra1,

I will probably try to build up a new machine later in the week for testing and could install the scripts and start to run some tests then.... With all the feature changes you've mentioned the testing could take quite awhile!

Brian

swimboy

Reaction score
The chmod line in the instructions should be:
#chmod +x install-aastra-xml.x
(don't type the .gz on the end of the file name)

Installing the scripts as I type. Looking forward to the new features! :)

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
Good catch Swimboy

The chmod line in the instructions should be:
#chmod +x install-aastra-xml.x
(don't type the .gz on the end of the file name)

Installing the scripts as I type. Looking forward to the new features! :)

Installation section in the Initial post updated.
aastra1

Socs28

Reaction score
Where has the source gone?
nm, sorry missed the beta on the install

Speedy2k

Reaction score
A little question here, would it be really hard for you to create a FreePBX module that will add in the Extension menu in FeePBX the possibilities to choose wich type of phone i have and put it's mac adress and etc, and when the user boot the phone, it doesn't ask for anything, it can take the language from the language field, and it would be nice to have a The same module allow us to change wich phone use wich template and everything we can customize in the all the .conf file in the /config directory, maybe even create template directly from the web page and add or modify buttons like you keys script does, not in the mac.cfg but in the phone context file, so when we do some change it apply without the need of a reboot??

It's a suggestion but it would be awesome to have a FreePBX module that goes with the Aastra XML scripts. Thanx!

carlosmp

Reaction score
Will be playing with this later this week, but was wondering what the status was on a few old issues:

- Passwords - are alphanumeric passwords supported when a user logs in to the phone?

- Login/Logout key - has the default been set to accomodate the same key for both functions on fixed display sets like 31i, 33i,51i,53i?

marlonbaez

Reaction score
Hello,

It is possible to look for names or last name on extensions directory using T9. Because now is only possible looking for using numbers.

Thanks.

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
For carlosmp

Hi carlosmp, here are your answers,

- Passwords - are alphanumeric passwords supported when a user logs in to the phone?
Not yet. Just to be clear, that would be just for freePBX 'deviceanduser' mode right? Because in 'extensions' mode, we use the VM password which must be just numeric. So my guess is that would be for the user password in deviceanduser mode right?
Can you please confirm? Change can be easily made in Beta2

- Login/Logout key - has the default been set to accomodate the same key for both functions on fixed display sets like 31i, 33i,51i,53i?
Yes!

Regards

aastra1

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
T9 Directory

Hello,

It is possible to look for names or last name on extensions directory using T9. Because now is only possible looking for using numbers.

Thanks.

Unfortunately no, we don't have the right XML object to do that properly yet.

Regards

aastra1

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
freePBX Aastra module

A little question here, would it be really hard for you to create a FreePBX module that will add in the Extension menu in FeePBX the possibilities to choose wich type of phone i have and put it's mac adress and etc, and when the user boot the phone, it doesn't ask for anything, it can take the language from the language field, and it would be nice to have a The same module allow us to change wich phone use wich template and everything we can customize in the all the .conf file in the /config directory, maybe even create template directly from the web page and add or modify buttons like you keys script does, not in the mac.cfg but in the phone context file, so when we do some change it apply without the need of a reboot??

It's a suggestion but it would be awesome to have a FreePBX module that goes with the Aastra XML scripts. Thanx!

Actually we are looking at a freePBX module which would simplify the XML scripts configuration. Now what you are asking for, my answer would be "everything is doable" but it would somewhat defeat the self-configuration process as well as the hot desking feature. Creating the extension and needing the model as well as the MAC address does not feel like an improvement.
We think that if we do the freePBX module we would add:
  • a profile selection menu in the extensions page
  • a tool to create profiles
  • a tool to change user keys
Probably for the next version though...

Regards

aastra1

bigtalker

Reaction score
files not found

Has anyone actually been able to get this 2.3.0 script to run
It appears some files are not available for d/l at the specified locations

here's the log from installation attempt

http://pbxinaflash.net/source/aastra-xml-2.3.0/aastra-ipphone-2.5.3-1.noarch.rpm
Resolving pbxinaflash.net... 216.239.128.70
Connecting to pbxinaflash.net|216.239.128.70|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
13:20:09 ERROR 404: Not Found.
among others

Wazzup??

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
Rtfm...

It appears some files are not available for d/l at the specified locations

here's the log from installation attempt

http://pbxinaflash.net/source/aastra-xml-2.3.0/aastra-ipphone-2.5.3-1.noarch.rpm
Resolving pbxinaflash.net... 216.239.128.70
Connecting to pbxinaflash.net|216.239.128.70|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
13:20:09 ERROR 404: Not Found.
among others

Wazzup??

The scripts are not yet final so still hosted on an Aastra server. Reread the initial post, the command for ths installation is

Code:
./install-aastra-xml beta Beta1

the second parameter will point to the Aastra server and the 3rd one to the right package.. You probably forgot the parameters.

Regards

aastra1

swimboy

Reaction score

I can confirm that the scripts run. I downloaded them successfully on a new install of PiaF 1.4 with Asterisk 1.6 and FreePBX 2.7.

I haven't had a chance to do more than kick the tires yet, but the install went smoothly.

Socs28

Reaction score
The passwords, when in device and user mode are for the device, it then uses the user assignment from the configuration to pull the correct user, but the password needed to be put in is for the device and, it would be great if we could put in alphanumeric.

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
The passwords, when in device and user mode are for the device, it then uses the user assignment from the configuration to pull the correct user, but the password needed to be put in is for the device and, it would be great if we could put in alphanumeric.
OK I missed that somewhere... Anyway it is done, the Device password is now a string, will be in Beta2 probably tonight.

Regards

aastra1

Yahdie

Guru
Reaction score
Will be playing with this on the weekend, good stuff!
Aastra has become my default phone to offer my customers, thanks to the hard work that you put in (and this community)

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
Beta 2 now available

Thanks again for your feedback on the Beta1, we just released Beta2 which includes some bug fixes as well as some last minute enhancements.

Initial post has also been updated with Beta2

Beta 2 bug fixes
  • Presence application status display (LED and idle screen message) not properly managed
  • Fixed various timing bugs for the Visual VM on 6739i
  • User password accepts strings in deviceand user mode
Beta 2 enhancements
  • Outgoing calls integrated with Superfecta callerID lookup
  • Auto-logout configurable via the Logout menu
  • Auto-logout configuration parameter to enable/disable the feature
  • Auto-logout idle screen message configuration parameter to enable/disable the feature
  • Administrator external tool to change auto-logout for users
Known bugs in Beta 2
  • Major problems in the login/logout process in 'deviceanduser' mode, hints not set properly
Installation from previous versions (2.2.0, 2.2.1)
The new scripts have different package dependencies compared to the previous versions:
  • Remove the previous version of the scripts (if previously installed)
  • Reboot the server to cleanup the "old" deamons
  • Download installation tool
  • Run installation tool
  • (Re)Create aastra.cfg
  • Check installation (new provided tool)
So logged as root
Code:
# cd /tmp
# rpm -e aastra-xml-scripts
# reboot
# cd /tmp
# wget http://65.205.71.13/2.3.0/install-aastra-xml.x.gz
# gunzip install-aastra-xml.x.gz
# chmod +x install-aastra-xml.x
# ./install-aastra-xml beta Beta2
# setup-aastra-xml
# /var/www/html/aastra/utilities/check_install
# /var/www/html/aastra/utilities/apply_prf –r ALL

Installation from previous 2.3.0 beta
  • Remove the previous version of the scripts
  • Download new rpm
  • Install new rpm
  • (Re)Create aastra.cfg
  • Check installation
So logged as root
Code:
[COLOR=black]# cd /tmp[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]# rpm -e aastra-xml-scripts[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]# wget http://65.205.71.13/2.3.0/aastra-xml-scripts-2.3.0-1-Beta2.noarch.rpm[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]# rpm -i aastra-xml-scripts-2.3.0-1-Beta2.noarch.rpm[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]# setup-aastra-xml[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]# /var/www/html/aastra/utilities/check_install[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]# /var/www/html/aastra/utilities/apply_prf –r ALL[/COLOR]

Regards

aastra1

Speedy2k

Reaction score
Ok i have tried the latest update, and the Superfecta Thing is really nice, but i see a little bug ?? When you do an outgoing call, the script always reload itself until the call is answered, and i have another small problem with the Visual Voice Mail, when ou want to record a greeting, it doesn't allow you to record it in the handset, it always let you go with the handsfree, in the vm if i want to take my message privately, i need to be able to have them play in the headset if i take it. This is the 2 problem i got so far.!! Thanx a lot Aastra!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baata
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.