SUGGESTIONS Aastra XML 2.3.0 Scripts

Reaction score
Its been about 6 months since we heard from aastra1. Anyone know anything about that or how to get in touch with him? Anyone had any PM's with him? He's great when he's here and engaged but its rather spotty.

If these scripts start developing issues (as they always do) and Aastra's discussion support disappears then there wouldn't be quite as many reasons to use their product...

Linetux

Guru
Reaction score
He just responded to me not too long ago via PM. He's around, I'm sure... probably buried in another project, as he always is.

I did miss talking with him at Astricon this year, however!

EagleClaw

Reaction score
I seem to be having the same problem, I think?
When the "Play" softkey is pressed in the Voice Mail Menu, you hear an error message, as if the key press generated an outbound call on the trunk instead of to the mailbox.
Could the script be using the wrong context?
Where could I check that in the script itself?
Yahdie;

I had the same problem with one of my installs. And you are right: it is getting a trunk.

The problem happens when you have a route without any restrictions. In my case, instead of having a . on the route, I just switched to 1NXXNXXXXXX, NXXNXXXXXX, and 011. . That solved my problem.

See if this helps.

One issue that I couldn't fix yet is the MWI. Even after I delete all messages, the phone keeps blinking the MWI.

teqie

Reaction score
Mwi issue fix

The fix for the mwi issue is documented elsewhere on the forum - it's in vmail.conf, you set the pollmailboxes=yes and pollfreq to something like 15. This is from memory so don't quote me. Also I found the same settings in voicemail.Inc but on their own they didn't fix it for me, it was the vmail.conf that did.

HTH
:)

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
VM issues

Yahdie;

I had the same problem with one of my installs. And you are right: it is getting a trunk.

The problem happens when you have a route without any restrictions. In my case, instead of having a . on the route, I just switched to 1NXXNXXXXXX, NXXNXXXXXX, and 011. . That solved my problem.

See if this helps.

One issue that I couldn't fix yet is the MWI. Even after I delete all messages, the phone keeps blinking the MWI.

Sorry guys, definitely buried on new projects but I am still around.

When you press "Play" in the visual VM the phone dials the string "vmail" which is detailed in /etc/asterisk/extensions_aastra.conf. But if you have an open route it looks like Asterisk will try to dial "vmail" on the first configured trunk for the route. Definitely you have to make sure that you don't have open routes.

Regarding the MWI, I provided the answer many times, you have to enable the polling and set a polling frequency in the voicemail config files under /etc/Asterisk.

Should have more time in February. Also I will publish a fic release of the scripts to properly support the new firmware 3.2.0 we will release very soon and also fix some identified bugs.

Regards

aastra1

dolesec

Reaction score
that fixed it

squaring up the open route i had took care of the voicemail issue :)

Yahdie

Guru
Reaction score
Yahdie;

See if this helps.
:D Problem Solved! Thank You!

Reaction score
Dear Aastra1,

Is there someone at Aastra I could contact who might be persuaded to: carve out more of your time for the support of the scripts, hire additional resources or create a process for reaching you or one of your counterparts more formerly?

I buy Aastra equipment because of these scripts and would no longer do so if the scripts started to lapse in some way.

You've been a great resource but you've been "missing" for quite awhile. I would rather see more formal support for these scripts even if that required a subscription of some sort or a support agreement. Issues can't always wait till your able to check in on the forum.

I've never really seen an arrangement like this where a company clearly invests a great deal of time an energy creating something like these scripts, they know a lot of people on multiple platforms depend on them and then only seem to have one employee intermittently support them. An employee, I might add, who clearly seems to have a lot of other priorities and projects. Its a rather unfair position you've been put in.

So again, nothing against you but if you could PM me with an Aastra contact I'd appreciate it otherwise I'll be bounced all over the place if I just try guessing who to call.

Brian

Yahdie

Guru
Reaction score
Dear Aastra1,

I buy Aastra equipment because of these scripts and would no longer do so if the scripts started to lapse in some way.

.........Brian

These scripts play a huge role in my company primarily selling Aastra phones; although we sell other brands 68% of our handsets sold over 2010(I just did my YE reports) were Aastra vs all the other brands, because of the scripts!

TheShniz

Guru
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of bug fixes, usability enhancements, and I like the new watchdog (Snom has had it for years & it's good to have)... but I'm concerned as the release notes state that downgrade is not possible.

Do the XML scripts work with the new 3.2 firmware release?
Are we no longer able to stop phones from calling home to Aastra w/ 'contact rcs: 0'?

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
Firmware 3.2.0

There seems to be a lot of bug fixes, usability enhancements, and I like the new watchdog (Snom has had it for years & it's good to have)... but I'm concerned as the release notes state that downgrade is not possible.

Do the XML scripts work with the new 3.2 firmware release?
Are we no longer able to stop phones from calling home to Aastra w/ 'contact rcs: 0'?

There are some known issues with the XML scripts using the new firmware 3.2.0, this is why I am preparing a new version of the scripts 2.3.1 which will match the release of the 3.2.1 firmware.

If you are using the XML scripts I would not recommend to go to 3.2.0 yet but as usual wait for 3.2.1 :wink5:

This new firmware will bring some pretty cool XML features on the 6739i which will make it by far the best phone for XML apps.

Unfortunately phones will still be contacting the RCS... but just the first time they boot, so no big deal I believe.

Regards

aastra1

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for your concerns

Dear Aastra1,

Is there someone at Aastra I could contact who might be persuaded to: carve out more of your time for the support of the scripts, hire additional resources or create a process for reaching you or one of your counterparts more formerly?

You've been a great resource but you've been "missing" for quite awhile. I would rather see more formal support for these scripts even if that required a subscription of some sort or a support agreement. Issues can't always wait till your able to check in on the forum.

I've never really seen an arrangement like this where a company clearly invests a great deal of time an energy creating something like these scripts, they know a lot of people on multiple platforms depend on them and then only seem to have one employee intermittently support them. An employee, I might add, who clearly seems to have a lot of other priorities and projects. Its a rather unfair position you've been put in.

So again, nothing against you but if you could PM me with an Aastra contact I'd appreciate it otherwise I'll be bounced all over the place if I just try guessing who to call.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I really understand your concerns. These XML scripts started more as a proof of concept to promote our XML API and we made them open source because we wanted the community to actually develop them.

After a while we realized that it will probably never happen and now we must keep updating them just to keep up with Asterisk, freePBX and our own firmware...

I will be discussing internally to find a way to provide a better service than me looking at the forum once a week...

Will let you know. Anyway as you can see, we are still there as we prepare the next version of the scripts to properly support 3.2.x firmware and a couple of cool enhancements.

Regards

aastra1

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.... will look forward to an update from you...

Regards,

Brian

TheShniz

Guru
Reaction score
Using XML Scripts 2.3.0 w/ Firmware 2.6.0.2010 & Asterisk 1.6.2.16.1 in extension mode...

1.) Is there anything I can do to allow the XML Scripts to selectively use either a vmcontext of default (as it is expecting), or a vmcontext of exchange (as set in FreePBX)?
^^^Users not authenticating for login

2.) Anyway to disable the Logoff Confirmation?

Speedy2k

Reaction score
Hi Aastra1, i there any way to make a variable like when we put " $$AA_SIPAUTHNAME_AA$$ " into the prf file so it will lookup the Authentication Name automatically. It would be nice for extension name. When we have a Expansion module on a 57i and i change 5-6 names in FreePBX i need to change them al by hand in the prf file, it would be nice to have something like: " $$AA_1001EXTNAME_AA$$ " as a variable for the name of the extension 1001. maybe just adding some line in the apply_prf file, i don't know if it is a big deal but would be really really nice! thanx!

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
Re: Speedy2K for $$AA_1001EXTNAME_AA$$

Hi Aastra1, i there any way to make a variable like when we put " $$AA_SIPAUTHNAME_AA$$ " into the prf file so it will lookup the Authentication Name automatically. It would be nice for extension name. When we have a Expansion module on a 57i and i change 5-6 names in FreePBX i need to change them al by hand in the prf file, it would be nice to have something like: " $$AA_1001EXTNAME_AA$$ " as a variable for the name of the extension 1001. maybe just adding some line in the apply_prf file, i don't know if it is a big deal but would be really really nice! thanx!

Hello there,

As I like to say everything is doable... but that would be some significant work to achieve that, right now the preg/replace is static in the code. We would need to make it dynamic to perform the replacements.
Also I think that we should have in fact 4 variables:
  • full name
  • first letter of the first name
  • first name
  • last name
because if you want to display the name on a side car, there are some space limitation and you might end up displaying just the first name. I guess this would be more flexible.

I will have a look maybe it is not that difficult but it must be done at multiple places. Good last minute candidate for 2.3.1.

Regards

aastra1

TheShniz

Guru
Reaction score
1.) I figured out the allowing of the vmcontext to be either default or exchange (a simple modification to a couple if statements and addition of new variable)

2.) Any way to remove or assume logoff confirmation?

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
Re: TheShniz

Any way to remove or assume logoff confirmation?

You need to change the code of asterisk/logout.php to do that. What I will do in 2.3.1 is that if auto-logout is not configured/supported you will not need to confirm the logout.

Are you using the auto-logout feature?

aastra1

patchmty

Reaction score
Help with AD Directory

I've been trying to get the directory application to get the names from AD, but I keep getting either wrong credentials or operations error. Here is the config from aastra/config/directory.conf

[AD]
label=Corporate Directory
type=ldap
password=
hostname=dc.domain.com
port=389
basedn=dc=domain,dc=com
userdomain=domain.com
username=DOMAIN\Username
userpassword=pass

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.