A2billing script

lajjal

Reaction score
Pardon what must be dumb question since I can't find anyone else asking but, I cannot find the install-a2billing script. I installed the latest stuff silver option. I followed the incrediblepbx instructions carefully and everything seems to be working fine. It must be right under my nose but I can't spot it. Thanks for advice.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The new A2Billing no longer works with the version of PHP included in any version of CentOS so we have removed the script for the time being. Be aware that upgrading PHP may break other things. But, for the pioneers, here's a link to their site for downloads..

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
A2Billing no longer works with the version of PHP included in any version of CentOS so we have removed the script for the time being.

To clarify, the script provided to PiaF will install A2Billing 1.3.4, which will work with the CentOS provided version of PHP.

However, the latest version of A2Billing, from 1.4 onwards, requires PHP 5.2, which is not included with CentOS.

Joe

michaelx

Reaction score
Anyway to get the older version of A2Billing, or is that a bad idea.

I would really like to get A2Billing installed on my pbx in a flash system. Would also be willing to pay if someone has good experience doing so.

Michael

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

The older version of A2Billing is not as feature rich as the newer version, however, attached is a script to install 1.3.4, the older version included with earlier versions of PiaF.

There is NO requirement to upgrade PHP for this version of A2Billing, and it is preferable that you don't.
  1. Download it
  2. unzip it
  3. copy it to your PiaF box
  4. do dos2unix install-a2billing.sh to just make sure it has not been mangled in the copying.
  5. chmod +x install-a2billing.sh
  6. ./install-a2billing.sh
  7. Only run the script once.
Joe

PS. Star2Billing do provide installation, training and support on A2Billing. For a single server installation see http://www.star2billing.com/consultancy/managed-install/

PPS, note to Tom and Ward, if you wanted to re-include the attached script, then you would be welcome to given that you now know that there are no technical reasons why it should not be included.

Attachments

• install-a2billing.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 137

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
What are the chances that there is a "just as easy" way to uninstall this? Installed to see what all the chatter was about, and realize I don't need it.
:)

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

Read the script and remove the stuff it put in.

Joe

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
Here's unsolicited recommendation for paid support with a2billing.

If you are serious about installing a2billing above v1.3.4 then I highly recommend hiring Star2Billing for a managed install. Unless you are extremely confortable with both linux and sql databases, a2billing installation is at best complicated to install for someone new to linux. In my opinion it is best to simply hire Joe to work with you to guide you, or to have them just pop it in for you. It's rough enough to configure it to your project specifications, let alone install it. Joe does a magnificient job with paid support and the few dollars spent is well worth the price. No, I derive no benefit from this recommendation. I'm just a satisfied customer of the paid support program.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dancosge
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.