NEED MORE INFO 911 call connected and failed at critical time

Bham Tony

Reaction score
My incredible pbx works pretty well for the most part, I had resolved issues where RTP timeouts caused calls to hangup after 30 or so seconds. My wife was attacked by a person with a machete and called 911, the call hung up after a minute then again after 41 seconds then a third time after 41 seconds, the 911 operator was upset with my wife for hanging up on her ... of course she was hanging up but I can't figure out what happened, I don't see any clues in the cdr and I can't try calling 911 to run asterisk -vvvvr to find out wtf is happening. We have a POTS line but in a panic wwe / she needs to be able to pick up any line and call knowing that she can get help.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Who's your carrier for e911 services when you dial 911? Most offer a testing service.

Bham Tony

Reaction score
My carrier is Vitelity, I've opened a trouble ticket with them, maybe they'll let me know if they have something like that available.

Bham Tony

Reaction score
"Hello,
You may need to contact your local authorities to see how they advise you to test as we dont have any other way to recommend.

Michael Smith
Network Technician
Vitelity Support"

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just trying to understand where the problem lies. You indicated that originally you had calls that were terminating in 30 seconds. You also indicated that you fixed that problem. Were those calls using Vitelity? Did calls of 41 seconds or more stay connected??

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Need to see the log / maybe ask Vitelity. Can you get it from /var/log/asterisk/full.?? Where ?? is the log for the day the call occured on?

Bham Tony

Reaction score
Just trying to understand where the problem lies. You indicated that originally you had calls that were terminating in 30 seconds. You also indicated that you fixed that problem. Were those calls using Vitelity? Did calls of 41 seconds or more stay connected??
The original problem was RTP timeouts on regular calls, it has been resolved by changing the timeout value so calls to numbers other than 911 stay connected for at least 4 hours (the longest call I made after the fix) and yes those were also through Vitelity. One call to 911 lasted 1m and 5 seconds before it hung up then 2 other attempt hung up after 41 seconds. It's just weird cause it uses the same trunk.

Bham Tony

Reaction score
Need to see the log / maybe ask Vitelity. Can you get it from /var/log/asterisk/full.?? Where ?? is the log for the day the call occured on?
[2016-08-19 13:13:55] WARNING[1546] func_cdr.c: CDR requires a value (CDR(variable)=value)
)[2016-08-19 13:14:02] WARNING[1546] func_cdr.c: CDR requires a value (CDR(variable)=value)
)[2016-08-19 13:15:04] WARNING[1546] func_cdr.c: CDR requires a value (CDR(variable)=value)

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
From

http://www.vitelity.com/terms_and_conditions/

amongst other things you accepted is:-

In order for e911 address information to be passed to your local PSAP dispatcher, you must set your outbound caller ID value to the specific DID you are purchasing e911 service for. Therefore, by agreeing to these Terms & Conditions you the customer agree to set the outbound Caller ID number to the DID you have enabled e911 services for when making an outbound 911 emergency call. Failure to set the correct caller ID value will result in a non-refundable $85 surcharge per 911 call.

I have used Vitelity for many years, it is is never a problem to call 911 (occasionally ;-) ) if it is a 'test' then tell the operator immediately you are testing your 911 system, and ask if they got your CallerID correctly and that the address attached is correct per e911.

Bham Tony

Reaction score
From

http://www.vitelity.com/terms_and_conditions/

amongst other things you accepted is:-

In order for e911 address information to be passed to your local PSAP dispatcher, you must set your outbound caller ID value to the specific DID you are purchasing e911 service for. Therefore, by agreeing to these Terms & Conditions you the customer agree to set the outbound Caller ID number to the DID you have enabled e911 services for when making an outbound 911 emergency call. Failure to set the correct caller ID value will result in a non-refundable $85 surcharge per 911 call.

I have used Vitelity for many years, it is is never a problem to call 911 (occasionally ;-) ) if it is a 'test' then tell the operator immediately you are testing your 911 system, and ask if they got your CallerID correctly and that the address attached is correct per e911.
They did have the correct info and were able to call back right away and that call stayed connected until the police arrived

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
Then that might be a "right back" call to Vitelity, e911 calls need to go out a separate route from the carrier (Vitelity) than your other calls (not your problem, you paid for it) . and if all your other calls don't behave that way, then have them watch a "failed/disconnected 911 test call", Tech is pretty good there if you fully explain your problem.

Bham Tony

Reaction score
Then that might be a "right back" call to Vitelity, e911 calls need to go out a separate route from the carrier (Vitelity) than your other calls (not your problem, you paid for it) . and if all your other calls don't behave that way, then have them watch a "failed/disconnected 911 test call", Tech is pretty good there if you fully explain your problem.
Thanks, I'll have to give that a shot

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
[2016-08-19 13:13:55] WARNING[1546] func_cdr.c: CDR requires a value (CDR(variable)=value)
)[2016-08-19 13:14:02] WARNING[1546] func_cdr.c: CDR requires a value (CDR(variable)=value)
)[2016-08-19 13:15:04] WARNING[1546] func_cdr.c: CDR requires a value (CDR(variable)=value)

No this isn't the entire call. Post everything for the entire call (hint, select [1546] if that's the 911 call; each call has a number in those brackets).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.