FYI incredible 13-12 --> asterisk 14

wa4zlw

Reaction score
does this exist and/or will it be supported?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
No decision yet. Asterisk 14 is basically a one-year release so... we'll see.

wa4zlw

Reaction score
Did u listen to the asterisk 14 webinar last week? I listened while at work and on way home. They sent out an email with the slides and recording. I'll post here later.

What I got from it was:

1. 13 LTS will have extended time since there was a two year cycle to 14.
2. Pjsip is where it's at now since chan_sip is way old. They did acknowledge building with pjproject but I think they also have binaries.

From what I heard and trying to pay attention to work looks like 14 will be pretty interesting.

I need to relisten to it.

Leon

wa4zlw

Reaction score
Hi Leon,

Thank you for attending our recent webinar, "Asterisk 14: Under the Hood." Here are links to watch the webinar recording and download the presentation slides.

As Matt Fredrickson discussed throughout the webinar, Asterisk is an excellent option for any custom business communications solution. If you are looking for some ideas on how to use Asterisk, check out a few of our customer success stories here. You will be amazed at the cool things people have done with Asterisk!

If you are looking for information on getting started with building your project, visit Asterisk.org for detailed information on the wide variety of applications and services you can develop using Asterisk. While there, you can download Asterisk 14, access our wiki site, learn more about training options, and join the community of millions of Asterisk users worldwide.

logo_digium_small.png

Best Regards,
Digium, Inc. | The Asterisk Company
+1 256 428 6262]

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Here's my suggestion. If you are determined to use Asterisk 14, then switch to WAZO where everything works out of the box. Still too many missing pieces on the CentOS platform, e.g. FLITE, Asterisk 14 headers, Google Voice, etc.

wa4zlw

Reaction score
Hi @wardmundy -- I am not determined now but would like to see it in the roadmap. Wazo still needs some work IMHO. I'll look at the next release but for now for my production needs i want to stay with what has been working well for us and the synagogue.

I'm not interested in google voice so that isnt a game changer :)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Our interest is complete, turnkey packages. If one or more major pieces don't work, we're not going to spend much time on the platform when other platforms support everything. That's not to say, you can't go it on your own. It just won't be a priority for our development efforts.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I maybe mistaken, but I thought from this point on Wazo will be using Asterisk 14 and above.

Gary

wa4zlw

Reaction score
@wardmundy: Agreed on a complete package but to me google voice doesnt matter. Wazo to me hasnt matured yet as I said previously.
But I have a test VM running here so I will keep up with it. What is interesting is the last XiVO which migrated to asterisk 14 does not have pjsip that I can tell which is where asterisk is going..

wa4zlw

Reaction score
that may be true but I believe it's missing some things. But that doesnt mean I wont keep testing it and see how it moves along now that you're involved :)

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.