NEWS FLASH Elastix v4 and MT halted - Removed from site/downloads

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know what

due to a legal disagreement with another open source distribution regarding the code included in Elastix 4 & MT
was, maybe 3CX itself although that is not "open source" but money talks as does "the new boss" , we will see . . . .

TirsoJRP

Reaction score
o_OWTF is going with the telephony industry?o_O

Please Ward, we are waiting for you to write about this...

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
To be honest, with FreePBX being purchased by Sangoma last year, this was only a matter of time.

currently playing with pure Asterisk until Wazo is live

TirsoJRP

Reaction score
To be honest, with FreePBX being purchased by Sangoma last year, this was only a matter of time.

currently playing with pure Asterisk until Wazo is live

That's when it all started... Elastix tried to break free from them with 3.0/MT. Elastix 4 was late, people were already moving on. Xorcom prepared long time ago and went with their own solution, Ombutel.

The dead of Elastix is the dawn of a new age in telephony. Open source or not, change is here.

Guillermo Peña

Reaction score
I never liked elastix. It felt very bloated. But this is a very low-punch for the community.
From unlimited extensions, unlimited calls, unlimited trunks and PSTN hardwaare support for free to
3cx (supposedly unlimited extensions, 8 simultaneous calls-including internal calls, one trunk and no PSTN hardware support) is a real Downgrade.

This seems to be the most "official" fork of it
http://www.issabel.org/es.html
It claims to be forked by the most active members and contributors.
We hope more options mean more features and a benefit for end-users.
Still waiting to see ombutel and wazo in the field to make an opinion.
By now I'm staying with IncrediblePBX 13-12.3
[UPDATE]
BTW

Just got this link from a comment in Elastix Facebook page
Aug 19, 2016
Nicholas Galea (3CX CEO) Announces Holdings in Sangoma Technologies Corporation

Sept 19, 2016
Nicholas Galea Announces Increased Holdings in Sangoma Technologies Corporation

Is 3CX looking to become the Microsoft of unified communications?

Last edited:

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
@Guillermo Peña you could test wazo, and we are very open for suggestions and for working with different communities to be an alternative. Please let me know how we can help people who want only free software for his telephony.
Maybe a fork of a very old elastix version is not a good idea. Maybe we can work together (community) to have a solid/robust free software platform for telephony, i like this vision and i think it's possible :)
Discussion is open.

Guillermo Peña

Reaction score
@Guillermo Peña you could test wazo, and we are very open for suggestions and for working with different communities to be an alternative. Please let me know how we can help people who want only free software for his telephony.
Maybe a fork of a very old elastix version is not a good idea. Maybe we can work together (community) to have a solid/robust free software platform for telephony, i like this vision and i think it's possible :)
Discussion is open.

When there's a chance I gladly will.
I do not work with voip full-time I'm more like someone who had a contractor that installed elastix. Contractor ran away/got fired and I was left with something I didn't like, so I searched an deployed IncrediblePBX. Im no voip expert. But I still can't feel the real crush with asterisk. I'm looking more into YATE or Freeswitch but still can't decide if that would be overkill or how Isolated I will be (Do you remember being a MAC user in the early 90s? It seems to me that quitting asterisk will be something like that). Maybe in a few days I write my experience or a rant ( or both) in a new thread.

But staying in the topic. Does someone here sees like 3CX is planning to take over schmooze/sangoma/freepbx in a not-so-distant future and keep some sort of monopoly on those that once were the big fishes?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.