ALERT Anveo Direct WARNING

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
Wondering what peoples thoughts are about Anveo Direct. Comparisons to voip.ms would be helpful as well.

Read this article which got me interested.
http://nerdvittles.com/?p=5680

Their rates are great but the interface is primitve compared to voip.ms. Does not have any reseller features for example. We have looked at Vitelity and although their interface is nice and supports subaccounts etc. their network architecture doesn't work for us . Anveo uses Voxbone which should provide superior quality to most other providers. They have nice connections in Europe and N. America. Sounds like Anveo does direct media with them so it doesn't matter where the SBC is.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Have been using them for over a year, far more reliable than voip.ms, and less expensive for Canadian origination and termination, and some US termination. They do direct media, you're correct. Tech support is non existent unless you pay - be prepared for that, but it's not expensive if you need it.

Reaction score
Virtually flawless. Have has quick response even on free tickets. Sip traces are a differentiator and essential.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
I use all the above providers.

My Primary DID provider is Anveo-Direct. No volume requirements, wholesale prices. For termination, LCR routing is very cool. You can set cost limits. I'm averaging between $0.003 -- $0.005/min with them for N/A. They are my 1st stage termination provider. #2 is voip ms, especially for western Europe. Great prices, and the quality is good. #3 is Voxbeam, and I also use the retail arm Localphone.

I use Anveo-Direct, voip.ms and Vitelity for origination.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Fresh test of Anveo Direct this morning. Check out the $0.0008 price of a one-minute SIP call to a RingPlus (Sprint) cellphone. That's less than 1/10th of a cent for the mathematically challenged...

CeY87aLWEAABLgb.jpg

Last edited:

deeiche

Reaction score
I just moved several IPKall DID ( was using with Google voice ) to Anveo Direct. Ports went fine, sound quality better and now I don't have to worry about losing a number when I did not get any calls that month on one of the DID. :)

I've used Vitelity for years. However I decided to use Anveo Direct for these IPKall DIDs after reading about Anveo on this forum. Thanks to y'all for such good information.

rchalk

Reaction score
I have been using Anveo Direct for outgoing calls for a while, but recently ran into a problem. All calls to 843 area code were incorrectly routed to a single place (poor guy!) who could be heard, but could not hear us. I sent a (paid) trouble ticket, and was advised to block that carrier for 843 calls. I tried to do this, without any specific instructions, and now calls to 843 don't go through - just silence.

I have had better luck with VOIP.MS, even though the cost is higher, but for a commercial customer, this has not been a good way to save a few bux!!!

Reaction score
Other than great service Anveo Direct's differentiator is granular control over routes and SIP traces. If you block a carrier you need to make sure one of the other choices will handle the route of the one you blocked. They have a test utility on the webpage to show you the route(s) such a call may or not take. Limit your carrier routes more carefully and or provide special routes for certain calls. You can set up multiple prefixes on the Anveo side (under outgoing trunks), they call it "Add a new call termination trunk". and then use that prefix in your PIAF outgoing trunk. This allows you to pick certain providers for certain area code or exchanges.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I have been using Anveo Direct for outgoing calls for a while, but recently ran into a problem. All calls to 843 area code were incorrectly routed to a single place (poor guy!) who could be heard, but could not hear us. I sent a (paid) trouble ticket, and was advised to block that carrier for 843 calls. I tried to do this, without any specific instructions, and now calls to 843 don't go through - just silence.

I have had better luck with VOIP.MS, even though the cost is higher, but for a commercial customer, this has not been a good way to save a few bux!!!

In Outbound Services, be sure to check the last box. Then the 843 problem will go away...

ChT78fdWgAE43qa.jpg

Ashay Choudhary

Reaction score
Anveo is great. I've used anveo and still usng anveo services but only for inbound traffic. They are going to penalize you if you make a reasonable amount of short calls and/or nonconversational traffic. Even you can face an account lockdown. But despite of the fact Anveo is really really really great.

rchalk

Reaction score
In Outbound Services, be sure to check the last box. Then the 843 problem will go away...

ChT78fdWgAE43qa.jpg
Well, I tried this, and it "seemed" to fix the problem for a few days, but then the same thing happened. I really don't think I should have to pay them for help with a failing in their own system, but all I got was a five-word reply which did nothing to help.

I can't afford to keep upsetting my customer, so I am going back to VOIP.MS for this one.

Reaction score
I don't think checking that box would help. In rare cases you have to prevent a call taking a certain route but at the same time you need to make sure there is a route that will work to process that particular area code or exchange. That was why I suggested.... "You can set up multiple prefixes on the Anveo side (under outgoing trunks), they call it "Add a new call termination trunk". and then use that prefix in your PIAF outgoing trunk. This allows you to pick certain providers for certain area code or exchanges."

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Well, I tried this, and it "seemed" to fix the problem for a few days, but then the same thing happened. I really don't think I should have to pay them for help with a failing in their own system, but all I got was a five-word reply which did nothing to help.

I can't afford to keep upsetting my customer, so I am going back to VOIP.MS for this one.

I had a problem with Anveo also and blocked the carrier on the area code of the problem, then the same carrier happened a while later on different area code, so I just blocked the offending carrier completely from my routes .... The carrier was COMCAST !! LOL

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
yes, and this week I had a number in New York that was going to the WRONG place, the carrier was Alcazar, so I blocked them in the route plan for 213 area code and everything was fine. It's rare but it happens once or twice a year to me.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The theory of the Smart Route Option is that Anveo will first attempt to use the provider that owns the destination number to complete the call. If that provider doesn't happen to be supported by Anveo, then obviously it isn't much help and you'll need a Plan B.

rchalk

Reaction score
Another problem today - my customer dialed a number, there was a wait of about 30 seconds before ringing, and the called party could not hear. Caller hung up, and the system dialed the same number 3 or 4 more times on its own, while the called party (client) became increasingly upset. Changed outgoing route to VOIP.MS, and all is well now.

I am really resentful that they want $5.00 for me to report a problem which is obviously on their end. The few dollars saved each month is just not worth it to me.

Reaction score
Usually they will credit the fee. I've only seen that kind of effect a couple of times and I think it relates to network issues. On whose end is hard to say, the SIP-VOIP world is far from perfect. I'd look at the cdr log and SIP traces on the Anveo site. You'll have a problem with every carrier at given times on a given day.

simplydrew

Reaction score
Another problem today - my customer dialed a number, there was a wait of about 30 seconds before ringing, and the called party could not hear. Caller hung up, and the system dialed the same number 3 or 4 more times on its own, while the called party (client) became increasingly upset. Changed outgoing route to VOIP.MS, and all is well now.

I am really resentful that they want $5.00 for me to report a problem which is obviously on their end. The few dollars saved each month is just not worth it to me.
I've been considering moving some outbound traffic to Anveo Direct as well, and the ticket model is kind of a turn off for me as well. I wouldn't want to pay $5 to report something that's their fault either.

In tinkering around with their portal the last few weeks, I like the idea of routing calls just over the "prime" carriers - the usual LECs and CLECs that are reliable enough. Did you have this experience with choosing just the prime routes and not the "Standard" or "Value" ones?

Considering I have random problems of what you described with my current provider every now and then, makes me hesitant to try Anveo out if you were on Prime.

rchalk

Reaction score
I was not on Prime, I think I was on Value. Perhaps using Prime would be better, but then some of the savings would be lost. I still think you get what you pay for....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.