FOOD FOR THOUGHT Safe to enable IPV6

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
Okay so I was doing some reading on NV and apparently IPBX is IPV6 aware but is locked down to localhost?

Anyways I was wondering if it was safe to enable and configure my server's network interfaces to use IPV6 or if I should wait for a full-on firewall ruleset to be created when everyone is ready to switch. Most recently in Canada we've been getting IPV6 addresses rolled out graduatlly. The other day I decided to enable IPV6 on another server I owned (completely unrelated to PBX stuff)

So the question is, should I go for it? Or wait?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You know what they say about Pioneers...

pioneer.gif

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
@kyle95wm

I tried enabling IPv6 on the home PBX once. A lot of good it did. I discovered that Asterisk refused to work with my SIP provider with it enabled. So, I turned it off and everything was once-again peachy.

I may re-visit IPv6 on the PBX, one day, but I prefer to have something that works. I do have IPv6 enabled on the rest of the home network via Hurricane Electric as Charter Communications can't seem to get with the IPv6 program!

billsimon

Reaction score
Works great! I don't recommend running VoIP over 6in4 tunnels though -- only native.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.