wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Anybody care to top this one? Eat your heart out, @darmock. :gunsmilie:

13087843_1735294586748255_3784249691678092990_n.jpg

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
Certainly can't be stopped for distracted driving, can he?? Not!! To funny... I wonder what his bed-side table looks like??

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Reminds me of when I was working in the Middle East. You'd go to a meeting at restaurant or wherever and you naturally put your phone on the table. Your level of importance was dictated by how many phones you had, yes some people would carry around 3 different cell phones.

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
With some smartphones available so cheaply, why not wallpaper your dash with them. Load only one app on each of them and setup one as a hotspot to feed the interwebs to the others. Wallah, you have instant access akin to multiple screens on a PC.

This guy is ahead of his time.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Actually...... notice the box with the red LED? This is a flipping taxi!

While maybe not as many phones I have lots of farkles on my scoot! (Farkle = Functional + Sparkly ) You cant even see the sat phone or the hotspot in the trunk! The phone is a G3 on Ringplus running neorouter so I have a secure encrypted connect back to my PBX. The phone is integrated into the motorcycle's system via bluetooth and connects to the headset in the helmet wirelessly. I have a globalstar sat phone in one of the saddlebags with an external antenna again integrated into the bikes system. as well as my usual GPS, Amateur radio, public safety radios, etc etc etc. Been thinking installing a Pi with incredible into my tent trailer and having a regular phone to answer calls....

I actually rarely answer calls when I am on bike trips it is more of the mad scientist to see if I can integrate everything together and make it all work. Also people are just mystified! Before the advent of the ipod (long time ago) I built a system on linux that used a 5 1/4" hard drive and installed it on my old scoot...played mp3's great and only skipped occasionally going over RR tracks

I have been thinking of hacking the onboard navigation screen and casting the G3's screen onto the nav screen..... Along with Tasker for Android you can automate any number of things (Sorry Ward no tasker software for iphones!)

I bet all the phones are not integrated in Ward's picture!

Tom

Attachments

• DSCF0478.JPG
    DSCF0478.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 27

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Damn! I recognize a lot of that hardware I would be more interested to see the antenna array on this car. I can spot radios for almost all frequencies including HF, scanners, gps, and a bunch of stuff I don't recognize! The box in the foreground is interesting as it looks like a control panel for hydraulics/air in the cars that bounce up and down.... lowriders...

Tom

Damn

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
yeah you're right - left hand drive

Left-hand drive or right-hand drive - makes no difference to me. I've driven both.

I do miss putting around on some of the B roads around Huntingdon, Cambs. in my '82 Austin Metro. Driving on the motorway was a different story. Anything over 70mph in that car and it sounded like it was going to fly apart! I think the fastest I was ever able to get it going was around 80mph.

What do you expect for a 4-speed manual, anyway... ;)

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Damn! Wonderful what happens when you plant a single antenna...... Any idea what country this guy is from? Thought it might be Florida cuz of the Palm Trees in the background but I suspect that car was never sold in the US....

Thanks for the look I don't feel so bad with the extra antennas on my motorcycle.

Tom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.