TIPS T*F*T*P with Grandstream GXP2135 on Hosted Platform

Reaction score
I finally got my beta GXP2135 to try and have yet to have time to hook it up yet. I am looking to try it out on our test platform first that is hosted on Wable....

Will another model Grandstream work with this model to get it up and functional? I am not sure I've ever used a Grandstream in any environment before.

System:
CentOs 6.5 using info from http://nerdvittles.com/?p=14208

wa4zlw

Reaction score
I have multiple Grandstream devices running on the pbx so I don't know what your question is?
If you're looking to make BLF work, make sure you look at the thread I have on that subject.

Leon

Reaction score
Sorry, my question was how to setup and make this particular phone work on a cloud/hosted system

wa4zlw

Reaction score
Hi there!

You need the credentials from the pbx in question and then connect to the device locally through the web interface and add that in for the account on the phone you want to use

Leon

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Ensure the phone has a very strong admin password!

Reaction score
I guess I am not fully explaining what I am trying to ask... been one of those Months... :)

I have the phone.
I have the test server.
I have the secure credentials.

I am wondering how to "make" the End Point Manager provision the phone to have it "pull" the config from the server when the phone connects.

The reason I am asking this is simply because I see that the phone is not listed in End Point Manager yet.

Thanks,
Nathan

rjaiswal

Reaction score
I'll take a stab...

You can't use t*f*t*p over the internet. the protocol only supports 1 subnet.

Most phones from companies like vonage, or ring central, have custom firmware that has a hardcoded configuration server. The phone sends the server the mac address, and the server then generates the config file on the fly and sends it to the phone. This is done via SFTP, or HTTPS depending on make.

If you want this capability, you'll need to manually enter the ip address of your configuration server into the phone before you send it. The specific config files would need to be added to the server before the end user plugs in the phone. The other option is to contact yealink or polycom, order a couple of thousand phones, and they will create the custom firmware for you and pre-load on to the phones they send you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.