TIPS XMPP Trunks between two PIAF

himala76

Reaction score
Hello All

Is there any possibility to setup XMPP trunks between two PIFA ( interconnect PBX)

reason to use XMPP is my isp block all the iax2 and sip ports/traffic . but they enable XMPP ports google Voice works fine .

Note One end has raspberry Pi PBX with linksys router ( vpn not a option unless it can run on same raspberry pi)

any ideas and help greatly appreciated

Himala

billsimon

Reaction score
Hi there,

Have you considered using an alternate port for IAX?

It seems unlikely that the ISP is inspecting IAX traffic. More likely, they're just blocking UDP port 4569.

himala76

Reaction score
Billsimon

yes i did change the port and they (ISP) block the traffic....
thanks
himala

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
himala76,

As a test, I did install OpenVPN on the Pi (running PIAF) and it worked (with 1 user) running both programs simultaneously.

Andrew

awair

Reaction score
Andy, do you have a 'step-by-step' for OpenVPN on the Pi: which distro, which hardware etc?

Many thanks,

himala76

Reaction score
Andrew

I use pptp client on Pi ( Sri Lanka) and pptp server ddwrt (in USA) work without issues .
but i like to know how to setup the open vpn if you have how to guide ( easy how to guide ;) )

Thanks
Himala

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.