SOLVED New PIAF-Green installation - what about IncrediblePBX

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
I just went through the process of installing PIAF-Green. Actually this was a clean update from the older PIAF -Purple version that I've been running.

I ended up with these versions:
PIAF - 2.0.6.4
FreePBX - 2.11.0.10
Asterisk - 11.5.1
Dahdi - 2.7.0.1
Operating System - CentOS 6.4 Final

Once I had PIAF-Green installed I double checked and found that all the modules were up to date. I then went on and installed IncrediblePBX11 using these commands

Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx11.gz
gunzip incrediblepbx11.gz
chmod +x incrediblepbx11
./incrediblepbx11

However that cause a bunch of modules and versions to be downgraded. I tried updating my modules and a lot of them failed. In other words, installing IncrediblePBX11 cause my system all sorts of issues. I had to do another clean install of PIAF-Green actually to fix everything.

So my question is this. Can I install IncrediblePBX11 without having it mess up my system?

Thanks!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Not sure I know exactly what you did. "A bunch of modules and versions downgraded" doesn't sound right. You can look at the code in the script. It includes the following commands which upgrade all FreePBX 2.11 installed modules to the latest and greatest...
Code:
amportal a r
amportal a an

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
So it is your opinion that IncrediblePBX11 is fine to install on top of the latest PIAF-Green version? I'm certainly willing to try again, but I don't know what to do differently. I installed PIAF-Green and everything ran fine and was up to date. I ran the 4-5 lines of code to install IncrediblePBX11 (as noted above) and my system went to hell and required me to start over and reload PIAF-Green from scratch. I didn't do anything else to the system between these events.

Edit - to add some information to my original comments and to help explain what I meant when I said ""A bunch of modules and versions downgraded".....

When I first installed PIAF-Green I checked the Module Administration and all my installed modules where up to date (most are running 2.11.0.0 or .1 or .2). After installing IncrediblePBX11, about 1/2 of the modules had been downgraded and where running something like 2.10.x.x (I'm going off memory here) including the Asterisk CLI and other rather important modules. I tried to simply "Update" them hoping they would return to normal, but I got many errors and couldn't update many of the modules. At that point I knew the system as hosed and decided to start over from scratch. Hopefully that sheds some more information on what I experienced.

Thanks!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I don't see a problem. Wish I had an answer. I just ran the exact same commands you posted.

BEFORE:
BT4r1YoIgAAoaI3.jpg:large

AFTER:
BT4r7fJIYAETW75.jpg:large

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
Well I ran the installer again and everything worked as expected. Something certainly went wrong the first time, but I cannot explain what happened. I'm certainly relieved that it didn't happen again.

Thanks Ward for double checking and reassuring me that everything on the PIAF end was working normally!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.