SUGGESTIONS WIFI SIP watch

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
My brother-in-law suffered a spinal injury recently and is using a walker now learning how to walk again. He has fallen a couple of times while home alone and has had to wait for kids or wife to get home to help him get back up. I want to get him a watch for Christmas that will allow him to make phone calls (help I've fallen - come home and help me up). He's an Iphone person, so the Galaxy S watch wouldn't really work, plus I would rather spend about $100 and not $350. Any thoughts?

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Actually, that may work. I had to do some digging to find it but Pebble IS compatibe with IOS (iPhone). So since Pebble works with iphone (as long is it has BlueToothe - which I imagine all phone do now) this should be what you are looking for.

However that link does not go into detail of HOW to set the message or who to send it to.

The other thing I noticed is it's not an "always on" thing - you have to remember to turn it on and if you shake it you have to push a button to confirm before sending? Noy practical in my book.

A more practical thing is :
Always on my default.
If you shake it, it should vibrate for 3 seconds
start a countdown timer of 30 seconds with the message like RecueME engage detected press a button to cancel accidental tigeering
If no button pressed at the end of 30 seconds, the message changes to No canellation detected - RescueMe sending Text alerts now.

Also what constitutes a 'Shake" most people swing their arms when walking (I know the OP's Brother-in-law is using a walker) so a shake need to be defined a little better.

OP - this could be what you need, and may work. I just see things differently when not much info is readily available (I play devil's Advocate in seeing what issues others may not find as a problem)

Good luck and hope your Brother-in-law's recovery gets steadily better

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
How about just getting a bluetooth headset for $20? Since it supports voice dialing he doesn't need to reach the phone.

Andrew

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Huckda, my solution wouldn't help with that if you're aiming at me. The OP wanted a SIP watch for "help, I've fallen and I can't get up." If he's unconscious, he can't make that call either.

Andrew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.