QUESTION Why does PIAF/Asterisk say this trunk is down....

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
but it works (It's a hairpin for my Obi202 to get CID.

defaultuser=OBI202
type=friend
secret=<correct password>
context=custom-from-Obihai
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=192.168.200.0/255.255.255.0

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
Any ideas here? Need more info?

I can supply whatever you need, but I'm still too new to know what to send by default.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
I see Obi in your message. I have an Obi110 connected and followed Ward's article and it works just fine. Seems to me, you are missing a few pieces.

So, if you are using an Obi for POTS interface, follow this http://nerdvittles.com/?p=8563

If you are not, post what provider you are referring to. If this is connected as an extension, that definition would apply.

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
Setup:
1) OBI 202 with 2 Google Voice Numbers and Vitelity trunk, and the Asterisk Extension.
2) PIAF running on a RPI
3) the Asterisk extension is used to look up Google Voice numbers to get Caller ID NAME.

It WORKS, but the PIAF dashboard shows it as DOWN.

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
Ok, I blew away that trunk and re-did it, and now it shows as "Unmonitored", which I guess is expected, for this use.

so, we can call this "Probable User Error", as my old IBM Messages & Codes manuals would say :)

Thanks all,, I still need to learn more on this....
Eventual config will add some Cisco 79xx IP Phones that I have being driven off PIAF to use the Google Voice and Vitelity trunks for normal calls and e911 calls.

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
And that changes it to "DOWN". so... It's either "Down" or "Unmonitored".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.