GO HERE Which PIAF is the Latest ?

icenews

Reaction score
Hi
I am confused.

Do I download PIAF 2.0650 Dated 12/17/2013 or...
PIAF 3.6.5 Installer Dated 12/20/2014

I have downloaded prior versions which included everything (OS & PBX) combined.

It seems the PIAF 3.6.5 Installer requires that I download and install CentOS Separately.
Is this correct ?
Whereas, I believe, PIAF 2.0650 is everything combined.

Do both options install the same PIAF ?

Please advise
Thank you

markieb

Reaction score
Having said that wardmundy which one do you personally prefer if you were installing one or the other? :)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
CentOS or Scientific Linux 6.5/6.6 with PIAF-Green, Asterisk 11, and FreePBX 2.11 is our gold standard at the moment.

Tehnation

Reaction score
Quick question!
I am following the new install steps but when I get to step 11 and 16 there seems to be a slight difference for me. My step 11c keeps being pushed to sda2, even if I create it last. I delete all the others then create them from 11a-11c, but when I finish the last one it automatically gets renamed to sda2, and in step 16 its also sda2 not sda3. I check primary for both 11a and 11c. Am I missing something, or does it not matter? Its a 1tb hd, not sure of brand.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Does it work?? If, yes. You're done. If no, let us know.

Tehnation

Reaction score
lol, I sorta stopped when my results differed from yours, I will continue and let you know!

Tehnation

Reaction score
"sed -i 's|no|yes|'/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
ifup eth0
setenforce 0
yum -y upgrade
yum -y install net-tools nano wget
ifconfig # to figure out your server IP address here
sed -i 's|quiet|quiet net.ifnames=0 biosdevdame=0|'/etc/default/grub"

For the first and last lines with the sed commands, the "|" is just shift+\, correct?
When I run the last sed command it says sed: can't read /etc/default/grub: no such file or directory.
Any ideas? I'm not to familiar with linux commands so I'm not sure if i'm supposed to not type the green(from other langues it means note) or am i supposed to type those into command line as well?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Ignore the grub errors. Those commands are only necessary on certain systems, and they are harmless on the rest.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
wardmundy By chance, do you have the timeline when the PIAF4 is being released since PIAF3 is reaching EOL?

Not what you want to hear but RSN

The long and the short of it is that PIAF4 is a major rewrite which will include the incredible GUI, (no fpbx), Asterisk 11, Whitelisting and a whole host of other things. Also unified installer however the first version out the door will *only* support Asterisk 11. We are also doing away with a number of other ancillary projects and refocusing on the core of PIAF. We are also trying to include a PIAF or Incredible installer to simplify things. Initially PIAF will *only* be released for the current version of centos 6x and variants with other OS's coming down the pipeline as time permits. Centos 7.x variants are on the horizon..... would have been nice to do a unified DVD which would have included the OS however those days are long past.

Tom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.