TIPS Which OS for FreePBX12 & Asterisk 12?

markieb

Reaction score
I'm thinking of playing around with FreePBX 12 & Asterisk 12 to familiarise myself with the new interface and toys, etc. and was wondering if any of the guys in the know would have any recommendations as to which OS route I should go?

If there's a PIAF option with FPBX12 etc... that would be ideal.

Want all the usual things I get with PIAF (not IncrediblePBX) just with the latest most stable OS to build it on.

Thanks in advance :)

markieb

Reaction score
I'm assuming there's something exciting on the horizon?
Thanks Ward I'll wait in anticipation :)

james

Guru
Reaction score
The FreePBX Distro is what's used to develop FreePBX so it may always be a good bet. That said Asterisk 13 is out in Beta now and is going to be LTS. So perhaps waiting until the 13 push comes is ideal.

markieb

Reaction score
Ohhh, thanks for that, it's suddenly all moving pretty quickly....

I'll see what Uncle Ward brings us in PIAF-Blue and paddle in the shallow end for a little while first :)

wardmundy will Blue be production safe?

Ken Thomas

Reaction score
2j64oc7.jpg

So this is where I'm at now. This is my home PBX setup I run on VMware ESXi 5.5 / vCenter 5.5. I'd like to upgrade. Is there an in place upgrade to the latest and greatest without losing any of the customizations? Tutorial on the upgrade process?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Asterisk 12 and 13 are not yet ready for prime time. If you have a functioning, production-ready system running Asterisk 11, stay there for the time being. If you want to experiment, spin up a virtual machine or sign up with a cloud provider and play there.

markieb

Reaction score
Thanks Ward, I'll keep that in mind for the next while :)

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Just uploading the final patched version for 13 (WE HOPE) PIAF-Blue is born. Sometime tomorrow should be available. Still more things to do however seems to be stable on centos 6.5/7.0

We consider PIAF-Black - Asterisk 12.x to be Beta and PIAF-Blue - Asterisk 13 to be Alpha at this time.

Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.