QUESTION Which logs? Help diagnose failure to answer fax call

chris_c_

Reaction score
Short version: I clobbered my Auto Fax Detect, now it rings forever and no answer, where is the binary and log that handles answering calls that were detected as fax calls with the fax tone coming in from the caller?

I started with a working iPBX 13-12 running on Ubuntu 14.04

All was well. Extension, calling in and out was working, and "auto detect fax" was working, HylaFAX and AvantaFax were working.

I build HylaFAX+ (latest ver 5.5.6) from source and install over the existing HylaFAX, according to the install directions included with HylaFAX+.

Suddenly, the Auto-Detect Fax is failing.

The DID, incoming route, and voicemail, are working. When I call in from a normal phone (not a fax machine) to that DID, Asterisk answers, I get sent to the voicemail which is assigned for that DID number, as I should.

How it fails is:

When I put a page in a fax machine (multi function center), and send it via fax to the DID number where iPBX Auto Detect Fax is listening, instead of Auto detecting and answering, it rings forever and never picks up. After about 20 rings the fax machine gives up and displays a No Answer message.

It seems Asterisk auto detects the fax tone on the line, transfers the call to the custom destination, and whatever binary taking care of that custom fax destination fails to take the call as it should by answering and negotiating fax connection....

Not too familiar with the specific components in this fax, what plugs into what, how, and what does what.

Any suggestion...?

Which binary and which log file would be the one that is supposed to take the fax call?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.