FYI Where's Incredible PBX ISO?

Kimmy Dallas Posey

Reaction score
I always go to the blog when I want to install a new version of PiaF (which I haven't done in years) and so I went there this morning to get the 411. I'm running an old install that got naused when I updated FreePBX and was caught in the No-Man's Land between the lines of the Licensing War. However I can't seem to figure out where the ISO is. This paragraph implies that the link points to the file itself but doesn't seem to:

"Start by downloading the 32-bit ISO from SourceForge to your desktop computer."

That just points to a Sourceforge file repo. Is it this one: IncrediblePBX13.iso?

The other files in the repo seemed to be OS-branded for different distributions includinga torrent for a Scientific Linux based aggregate (which is referenced in the blog post). Anyway it is a bit confusing honestly. Am I getting senile?

Thanx,

Dallas

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Kimmy Dallas Posey: It's the only .iso file in the bunch. Yes, IncrediblePBX13.iso is your baby. Sorry for the confusion. Added file name to the Nerd Vittles article.
CQAcRzXWIAED0HR.jpg

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Kimmy Dallas Posey: If you're replacing an old version of PIAF (especially one that you installed from an ISO) you should know that a lot has happened in just the past year that changes the installation methodology significantly. (Except for the new ISO that wardmundy refered to as I was writing this response.) The most reliable method for building a new iPBX is to begin with one of the "Certified" versions of PIAF:

... Tutorials for the current versions of the Incredible series are here:
http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/certified-incredible-builds-for-asterisk.17636/

Incredible PBX 11-12.1.0-AsteriskNOW 6.12.65-26-SHMZ-6.5 (64-bit)
Incredible PBX 11-12.2-CentOS-6.7 (64-bit)
Incredible PBX 11-12.2-CentOS-6.7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Incredible PBX 13-12.2-CentOS-6.7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Incredible PBX 13-12.3-Raspbian7
Incredible PBX 13-12.2-Ubuntu-14.04 (64-bit)
Incredible PBX 13-12.2-CentOS-6.7 (64-bit)

Also, check out this tutorial ... has answers to a lot of troubles that novices like myself encounter when trying something "Incredibly" new:
Why Reinvent the Wheel: Incredible PBX GUI Application User’s Guide
/Pete./

Kimmy Dallas Posey

Reaction score

Kimmy Dallas Posey

Reaction score
Kimmy Dallas Posey: If you're replacing an old version of PIAF (especially one that you installed from an ISO) you should know that a lot has happened in just the past year that changes the installation methodology significantly. (Except for the new ISO that wardmundy refered to as I was writing this response.) The most reliable method for building a new iPBX is to begin with one of the "Certified" versions of PIAF:

... Tutorials for the current versions of the Incredible series are here:
http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/certified-incredible-builds-for-asterisk.17636/

Incredible PBX 11-12.1.0-AsteriskNOW 6.12.65-26-SHMZ-6.5 (64-bit)
Incredible PBX 11-12.2-CentOS-6.7 (64-bit)
Incredible PBX 11-12.2-CentOS-6.7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Incredible PBX 13-12.2-CentOS-6.7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Incredible PBX 13-12.3-Raspbian7
Incredible PBX 13-12.2-Ubuntu-14.04 (64-bit)
Incredible PBX 13-12.2-CentOS-6.7 (64-bit)

Also, check out this tutorial ... has answers to a lot of troubles that novices like myself encounter when trying something "Incredibly" new:
Why Reinvent the Wheel: Incredible PBX GUI Application User’s Guide
/Pete./

Thanx Pete. Back in the day I installed/configured PIAF many, many times but haven't done so since at least fall 2012. The thing just worked like a Winchester and I lived happily in User bliss. Then for some odd reason I decided to heed the "Your FreePBX is out 'o date" messages and do an upgrade. Not having even glanced at the Blog in as many years, I was unaware of FreePBX's fall from grace and as a result my old reliable PiaF went slightly off the rails. Not badly, it still works but I'll compulsive about such things. However, my attempts to install on Ubuntu were unsuccessful and as there seemed to be a new variant released every hour, so I decided to lay-up and let the smoke clear. Crossed fingers that is the case with this ISO.

Anyway, here's hoping I can get my old war horse back in the saddle.

Cheers,

Dallas

Kimmy Dallas Posey

Reaction score
Hey wardmundy is there a usb bootable image? I wrote the image mentioned above to a couple different usb devices I have lying around and couldn't get them to boot. Tried a number of different machines as well.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
No luck yet on a USB flash installer. We're working on it as are others.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.