I HAVE A DREAM Where do RFE's go?

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
I'm running the PIAF3 installer on C6.5.

In the process, I note that there are lots of things which can fail, and many of them are not checked for faliure, and (and this is the nasty part)

Most of those error messages get blown off the screen because the script just barges ahead to a "clear" command, without any pause.

I understand that you want the install to be able to run unattended, but it doesn't really help much if said install *fails in the middle*. In that case, it should *at least* let someone who *is* watching interrupt and restart, optionally fixing whatever broke, no?

The project does get points for creating a complete log file, but time is a commodity too; letting the entire install run and then poring over the log file isn't the best use of it...

So, any chance that the install script could be modified to move from one segment to another with a bit more empathy for that standpoint? :)

(For my purposes, I've just imported my pause(1l) command and replaced all calls to 'clear' with it, but that's suboptimal in the wider view, I understand.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.