SUGGESTIONS what setup would you suggest?

ShareMyKnowledge

Reaction score
I have been searching the web for some answers but i got just more confused and I decided to leave it open to those who are (or have been) in my situations.

Briefly:
- a non-profit organization (5 small rooms );
- electric bill included in the rent;
- 1 website
- current phone internet/system: ATT-Business, ~ $199/month (plus taxes), includes an 8Mbit/0.5Mb DSL line, + 1 telephone line with unlim. minutes to US + 1 fax line with some free minute (almost never used);
- about $1400 to build a server machine (ubnutu or CentOS)

What we want to do:
- switch from ATT to Charter 60Mb/5Mb for half the price;
- install 1 IP-phone in each room (tot of 5 ip-phones), with its own DID (total of 5 to 7 telephones/DID);
- be able to forward the incoming call of 1 line to a specific cell number;
- have each DID its own voicemail and the possibility of checking it for new msgs from remote;
- rebuild the website, integrating the function "call me now" (or something similar) + blog area +
restricted area;

What I wanted to suggest but not sure how to implement it:
bring the phone system and the website/s + the database on one single server: because the electric bill is included in the rent I was thinking of buying a server and install it at the office and let it stay on 24/7.

What do you guys think? What would be the best (or just a feasible way) to implement it?

Also, would PBIAF be enough to answer all the (small) needs?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

PIAF can certainly handle the phone portion of your setup. I wouldn't recommend hosting the website or database on the same server as PIAF though. From a security standpoint, that's a really bad idea.
If you only have one physical server, you could consider using the free version of VMware ESXi and splitting it between PIAF and another machine to run your website/DB.

As for specifics on the phone portion:
- install 1 IP-phone in each room (tot of 5 ip-phones), with its own DID (total of 5 to 7 telephones/DID);
- be able to forward the incoming call of 1 line to a specific cell number;
- have each DID its own voicemail and the possibility of checking it for new msgs from remote;
- rebuild the website, integrating the function "call me now" (or something similar) + blog area +
restricted area;
  1. Depending on your VoIP provider, DIDs are cheap. I know in my area with VoIP.ms DIDs are either $0.99/month or $1.49/month depending on the rate center. Routing DIDs to individual phones is really simple.
  2. If it's a phone that already has a DID, you could just set call forwarding on the individual phone with a feature code (or button, depending on the phone) to the cell. Again really simple.
  3. Easy. It would be each extension having VM, and you can press * during the greeting and enter your password for remote access.
  4. Web Call Back is available through a commercial module made by Schmoozecom. Details are on their website.
Best of luck! We're always here to help if you have questions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.