Webmin Dahdi HW Config module started

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
I've started creating a Webmin module for configuring Dahdi hardware. It is called Dahdi HW Config and the development is being hosted at Asterisk Forge. It's at the Pre-Alpha stage !which means that the planning has been completed (if it ever is) and that software development has started.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
FreePBX is also writing a DAHDI configuration module.

Just FYI

I look forward to yours :biggrin5:

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
I looked at FreePBX and the developer documentation was out of date and the online examples went to dead links. There was the issue of developing FreePBX version 2 modules and then having to redo everything for version 3 which is in a state of limbo. The progression from version 2 to version 3 is pretty ambiguous right now. I understand the version 3 is based on FreePBX.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
I'll try to go through freepbx 2 documentation and clean it up with some of the knowledge I have

Besides that I want to clarify freepbx v3 does not exist and is not in active development. It has completely changed and is now called blue.box and has Bo direct relation to bandwidth or freepbx. The modules from freepbx v2 to blue.box are not compatible so I think you chose the correct route for development with webmin

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the FreePBX Dahdi module being developed? I would be interested in seeing what they are up to and possibly collaborating with them.

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Wow! That's a nice module from just looking at the code. Wish I could write that well. I've contacted the authors and will see where that goes. I don't want to re-invent the wheel so I'll close my development and aid their's as they've done a lot of work already.

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
I'll try to go through freepbx 2 documentation and clean it up with some of the knowledge I have

Besides that I want to clarify freepbx v3 does not exist and is not in active development. It has completely changed and is now called blue.box and has Bo direct relation to bandwidth or freepbx. The modules from freepbx v2 to blue.box are not compatible so I think you chose the correct route for development with webmin

Is there a dev guide to creating modules for blue.box?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.