wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
B8ctG0ACcAABg_S.jpg:large

kenn10

Reaction score
OK. I'll bite. Whose front-end is this?

*EDIT*

Looks like Thirdlane. Have you found an open source version?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Didn't you see the logo? :Angel anim:

Give us a few weeks, and we hope to have an announcement. Don't wanna spoil the surprise.

I told you 2015 was going to be a fun year!

lowno

Guru
Reaction score
I mean why not just have you own. It would for sure be better then all the others.

I do like the new one you just released, so much easier then freepbx.

vic555

Reaction score
Thirdlane is apparently based on open source. To wit:

Thirdlane offers professional unified communications software solutions for hosted and on-premises deployment. Thirdlane software solutions include Thirdlane Elastic PBX (for large scale hosted deployment), Thirdlane Multi Tenant PBX for smaller ITSPs, Thirdlane Business PBX for businesses and Internet Telephony Service Providers (for on-premises or dedicated hosted deployment), as well as software for Contact Centers.

Thirdlane software solutions are built with standard, proven open-source components, including Kamailio SIP Server, Asterisk® PBX platform and CentOS® Linux. Thirdlane provides the best of both worlds: the freedom to choose your own devices and customize your system to fit your needs, plus the quality, security, and reliability that comes from professionally-designed, managed, and supported software.

I hope this post can educate and perhaps foster some anticipation, rather than spoil a surprise.

Reaction score
Never thought much of Freepbx. Over all these years (we are older than we think) it still seems like a primitive GUI. Happy to move to something else.

vic555

Reaction score
It appears that commercialization of an open source project is fraught with real challenges. Some endorse the concept, others tread heavily through a virtual minefield.

If you alienate your base, through whatever means, mines will be activated, and somebody will eventually be hurt. The wounded base will be bitter and look elsewhere.

This is really a shame since the newly dissaffected base should be grateful since they benefited from an open source development. Well, until a "Gottcha" or unexpected mine was tripped. If the management was vigilant , they would sweep for mines, before changing policies.

It is not easy. One apparently successful model, is the BSD Pfsense firewall distribution. Huge following, great community support, great product, yet a number of paid options.

I sincerely hope Piaf can continue in a similiar fashion. The no "Gottcha Model" is certainly a large step in in this direction.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
My birthday is March 30th, so this will be my birthday present. I just downloaded Elastix 3.0 to play with, will I be wasting my time with it or will it share any similar design / coding?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Completely different products. March Madness Month primarily will be devoted to Elastix MT so download away.

And Happy Birthday in case I forget...

:party:

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Any update info to be had for "Wait 'til You Try This"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.