SOLVED Voip.ms trunk will not register

sirdotcom

Reaction score
Hi,

I used the pre-programmed Voip.ms trunk in FreePBX and entered all the correct info. No matter how I format the register string, it will not register to the server. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Steve

Jake

Reaction score
Post your setup. I've had voip.ms for a long time without any trouble.

sirdotcom

Reaction score
Here is my trunk setup:

username=myuser
type=friend
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
secret=pass
qualify=yes
nat=yes
insecure=port,invite
host=atlanta.voip.ms
fromuser=myuser
disallow=all
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=nonat
allow=ulaw

user:[email protected]:5060/myuser

On a side note, I've used voip.ms in other asterisk setups without any problem. It just won't register with FreePBX for some reason.

sirdotcom

Reaction score
Figured it out ... stupid mistake, the Disable trunk box was ticked. :) Now it's working correctly ... since it was a pre-programmed trunk I didn't realize it was disabled. Anyway, thanks for your help.

-Steve

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
sirdotcom -Steve - 1st rule of troubleshooting: Check The Obvious -- in the side list disabled trunks are Grey. I have found that if you use the Duplicate trunk it starts out as disabled.

I have 11 numbers with Voip.MS and I recently set each of my sub-accounts on a different POP as before calls on a certain number (assigned to a certain sub-account) showed up on my FOP2 on the wrong trunk. So I decided to split my sub-accounts onto different POPs to see if having everything on one POP was the issue - We'll see.

Anyways, glad you got it working. :smile5:

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
voip.ms does not recommend registering to multiple POPs from the same server. I imagine having them split into different sub accounts might be OK, but I don't recall the exact details they gave me a few years ago when I was asking about that.

Reaction score
Thank goodness it was that simple and you discovered it!!! I envisioned a repeat of anyone of a number of previous trunk registration or related issue posts that exploded into a flurry of hundreds of messages over days! :)

On to the next issue.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.