TRY THIS Voicemail to email. So close, yet so far...

bigunk

Reaction score
Okay, so I've been screwing around for days trying to get voicemail to email working. I'm running PIAF Purple. I've set up the account on my ISP, done all the setup in Postfix, and all that. While tailing the maillog, when I try to send a test email, I get an "authentication is required" message back. So I enable the only authentication option I see in Postfix, and I get back SASL authentication failed. My mail server is wide open generic. Everything in the clear, with a simple login/password needed. I use port 1050 to get around any port 25 blocks. I've tried Sendmail as well. I've tried 4 different email hosts. All with roughly the same result. I'm stumped. Anyone have an idea?

bigunk

Reaction score
Just a quick addendum. I also need to do POP before SMTP. Wonder if that's the issue here? If so, how to deal with it in Postfix?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.