TUTORIAL Voicemail to Email in HTML Format

imfloridaguy

Reaction score
Would it be possible to have the email that is sent on new voicemail to be in html format?
I have a Outlook plugin that I use with my Yealink phone that allows click to dial.

However, it requires the email with the number that you would click on to be html.

I've looked at the GUI and the underlying files, but don't see a way.

Anyone know?

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
As html is only the text markup to a text document; it should be possible to write an html template with all the mark up to be sent from sendmail or postfix. However, I doubt you will get help with that here, as it is really an email editing question.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
One additional wrinkle will be the HTML format that Yealink phones expect. They are very quirky with syntax which they support. The simpler the HTML code, the more likely it will run at all.

Modifying the existing setup depends upon what version of the GUI you are running with which version of PIAF or Incredible PBX. If it's one of the latest Incredible PBX GUI builds, then you'd want to edit Settings -> Voicemail Admin -> Settings and delete the mailcmd entry and set attach to NO. Then insert your HTML code in emailbody. Here is what a typical (non-HTML) entry would look like:

Code:
Dear ${VM_NAME}:\n\n\tjust wanted to let you know you were just left a ${VM_DUR} long message (number ${VM_MSGNUM})\nin mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX} from ${VM_CALLERID}, on ${VM_DATE}, so you might\nwant to check it when you get a chance.  Thanks!\n\n\t\t\t\t--Asterisk\n

I'd try something like the following for the HTML flavor and see how it goes. Asterisk imposes a 512 character limit on the email body.

Code:
<HTML><BODY>New voicemail (number ${VM_MSGNUM}) from ${VM_CIDNAME} at ${VM_CIDNUM} left in mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX} on {VM_DATE}.</BODY></HTML>

Other variables which can be inserted are documented in /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.