QUESTION Voicemail password

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
IncrediblePBX11-12 utilizes FreePBX12. In setting the Voicemail password function, there's an option to permit users to access their voicemail without having to enter their password. (Entering the password is still required when accessing voicemail from another phone or from outside the PBX.) This appears a new FreePBX12 feature.

Does a similar option exist when using PIAF with FreePBX11? If so, where is it found in the GUI, or is there a "manual" option to configure this option?

TIA,
/Pete./

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
From my notes, I had a link on how to do this - freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/users/automatic-voicemail-login - which is no longer active. I did copy these as I do this on every install:

Edit : /var/www/html/admin/modules/voicemail/functions.inc.php

Search for the lines that has "mbexist" on them. Replace the one that looks like:
Code:
'mbexist', new ext_vmmain('${AMPUSER}@${VMCONTEXT}'),'check',101);
with:
'mbexist', new ext_vmmain('${AMPUSER}@${VMCONTEXT},s'),'check',101);

All we're doing there is adding the ",s" part there right after VMCONTEXT}. This is resilient to extension changes that overwrite extensions_additional.conf and still forces voicemail when calling from anywhere else. Note that updates to your voicemail module in FreePBX would likely overwrite this config improvement. After you have done this, just re-save any extension. Keep these notes handy.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks Trimline2. Amazing what adding two (appropriate) characters (in the right place of a file) can do!

/Pete./

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.