NEED MORE INFO Voicemail Length 1MIN only, can't seem to change it

ABSGINC

You can call me Scott.
Reaction score
HELLO!

I am using Asterisk 11.8.1 using FreePBX 2.11.0.38

I used the standard setup on Nerdvittles redoing my PBX back in March of this year. Things have been running smoothly, but I just noticed that I can't seem to make voice mail messages be longer then 60 seconds. I have tried to over-ride this globally, and per extension..

Comedian Mail doesn't tell the person they have exceeded time, after about a minute I don't know what happens, but the user on the line continues to hear silence thinking they are still leaving a voicemail, but I know that it's been disconnected because I hear Outlook beep at me as I just got new mail (the 60 second voice mail).. I try to press # and I'll hear a busy signal, and I think I just get disconnected.

I think it's od that its always 60 seconds.. I have no idea what is going on, I hope someone can lead me in the right direction.

Under the Settings Menu I have went to "Voice Mail Admin", and under the settings I have changed both maxsecs & maxmessage, neither have made any difference, I also added these fields on the extension setup itself on "VM Options" I added maxsecs=3600|maxmessage=3600, and this doens't seem to take care of it either, makes no difference at all.

I have reloaded Asterisk, and I even restarted the entire computer.

Where can I start to try to trouble shoot this and fix this?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
What do the call logs say? /var/log/asterisk/full

ABSGINC

You can call me Scott.
Reaction score
OK.. I have the logs.. But I noticed something else, it seems to be GoogleVoice specific.. This is extension 780 on my PBX, if I dial that extension with another local extension, I can in fact leave a voice mail longer than a minute. However, when I call in through Google Voice, and dump the user into an announcement which in turn dumps into a voicemail box (beep only) it stops after a minute. I can call in and have conversations hours long using the google voice # no problem.. But per your request, here are the log files of me calling in from an 810-820 # and dialing a 810-309 # Google Voice #, I hear the announcement, I here the beep for voice mail, and I get a voice mail emailed to me each time exactly one minute long.. Also, I tried this using a Non-Google Voice SIP account, one I have through Callcentric, and it also works just fine.. So now this thread can be updated to be GoogleVoice specific. Weird because otherwise the Google Voice works entirely fine, its not limited to a certain amount of time. The caller first gets a 8 to 9 second announcement, and then gets exactly 60 seconds ONLY to leave voice mail, but ONLY if caller called in on a Google Voice channel.

The Logfile is Attcahed pertaining to the GoogleVoice Incoming call.

Attachments

• asterisklogfull.txt
    21.7 KB · Views: 0

ABSGINC

You can call me Scott.
Reaction score
You guys.. I think I might have figured it out sitting here thinking today.. I think there is a good possibility Google has some sort of detection process of knowing that one side of the conversation hasn't been talking for 60 seconds, so it disconnects the call. The call gets answered by my PBX, and an announcement is played, then a beep, and the PBX then sits in silence while the user on the phone talks and talks (leaving a voice mail) and the PBX says nothing in return, after EXACTLY 60 seconds Google says lets terminate this call. I think that is what is happening, and if that is the case there might not be much I can do on the asterisk side of things. Because like I said in my above post, it is working just fine on other trunks, and in house extension to extension. Anyone with me on this theory?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OctavianBebu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.