RECOMMENDATIONS Voicemail hints for BLF with FreePBX and PIAF

SteveS

Reaction score
Did Freepbx ever incorporate this feature so can be used by PIAF distro?

I need this feature but dot not want to change to FreePBX distro.

It basically allows me to have a BLF showing when another extension has voice mail.
Below is part of a tread discussing it 10 months ago but I can not find where it was ever added for PIAF.

Voicemail BLF with FreePBX 2.11

Discussion in 'Help' started by Brian Simmons, May 28, 2013.

This "feature" is an Asterisk module (note it is NOT a freepbx module) that was written by one of the developers of Asterisk for Schmoozecom during Astricon 2012 as a demo for us at schmoozecom to learn how to code better modules for Asterisk. This is why it is not included in PBX In a Flash

Thanks in advance
:beatdeadhorse5:

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I tested this on my home system last night, worked like a charm.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm not real savvy, but I think I could do this. Will this break anything on future updates?

It shouldn't, but why would you need to update your system if it's working properly? :) Just be careful when you see things like 4444 in the instructions - you should substitute in your own extension there; the article doesn't make it crystal clear where they're using a generic substitution you need to fill in. It may be self evident to you but I made a mistake when cutting and pasting it all myself . . . if it doesn't work just go over it carefully.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.