Jason Ladew

Reaction score
Hello,
System Detail:
PIAF 1.4
Asterisk 1.4.21.2
CentOS 5.2
Phones: PolyComm Soundpoint IP

I was wondering if the following is possible: A voice mail recording is made on the phone. A person calls that phone and gets the voice mail. If I press a special key have it either got to IVR or dial a Misc Destination. For Example, voice mail recording says something like "Leave a message or press 1 for Tech Support". I want pressing 1 or some other special key to get an IVR or dial a Misc Destination.

What's this functionality called so I have the correct terminology.
Thanks,
Jason

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Detail suggests an old system running strong though.

What I think you are looking for is VMX Locator (at bottom of the extension page (may not be present in *1.4)

It has options for 0, 1, 2 where default 0 is for an operator (but is changeable) 1 default is to use FollowMe (again changeable) there is no default for 2

So what you do is set the VMX to be used if busy (and/or Unavailable) and in your recording say something like:

Hello, This is Jason and unfortunately I am tied up right now. Press 0 to reach our receptionist, Press 1 to locate me via cell Phone, or press 2 to reach our Tech Support Department. Or just leave me a message. Thank You.

This should get you on the right track.

Good Luck

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
VMX Locator is in Asterisk 1.4.18 with FreePbx 2.5

Jason Ladew

Reaction score
Detail suggests an old system running strong though.

What I think you are looking for is VMX Locator (at bottom of the extension page (may not be present in *1.4)

It has options for 0, 1, 2 where default 0 is for an operator (but is changeable) 1 default is to use FollowMe (again changeable) there is no default for 2

So what you do is set the VMX to be used if busy (and/or Unavailable) and in your recording say something like:

Hello, This is Jason and unfortunately I am tied up right now. Press 0 to reach our receptionist, Press 1 to locate me via cell Phone, or press 2 to reach our Tech Support Department. Or just leave me a message. Thank You.

This should get you on the right track.

Good Luck

Thanks Very much. Works like a charm!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbradford
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.