SOLVED VmX Follow Voicemail option causes long pause before record tone

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
When I turn the VmX Locator option on my voicemail extension, it causes the system to add a long pause after the voicemail recording plays and before the "Beep" to begin the recording. The pause is about 10 seconds. If I turn the VmX Locator option off, there is not pause and the beep will play immediately.

I understand that the system likely does this to allow the person time to type in an option for the VmX Locator service, but the delay is too long IMHO. Is it possible to change the length of time it pauses? It would be great if it was an option that the user could change to meet their needs.

Thanks!

alai

Reaction score
Experiencing the same thing. I believe you can change the time in "General Settings" but there is no "General Settings" in Freepbx2.11.

When you disable VMX locator, the custom voicemail greeting doesn't play - only the system greeting "Please leave your message after....."

Is there a quick fix for this? Thanks in advance.

alai

Reaction score
ok I found where the settings were moved. Changed a couple of things and it is now fixed.
Voicemail Admin --> Dialplan Behaviour

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lm2lm2
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.