NO JOY vMobile Cell Issue

Daniel

Reaction score
I've been trialing vMobile for the past few months.

I upgraded to the new ROM a few weeks ago and everything was dandy. About 10 days ago, I looked at my phone in the morning and it read "Searching for Service". AFAIK I hadn't made any config changes around that time.

I've done a factory reset, reinstalled the ROM and even tried installing some different basebands from recovery but there hasn't been any change.

I've had a trouble ticket open with Vitelity for over 10 days now and the the only advice they've offered is to do the factory reset and have been very slow to respond to my additional prodding.

The phone still connects and can place calls via Wifi. The cell connection is just plain dead.

Does anyone have any ideas on any next steps to troubleshoot this?

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
I have unresolved issues since the end of June. My latest ticket opened in August was combined per Vitelity support from two other tickets opened in July! Still can't receive an incoming call. Can call out through the PBX, make and receive extension calls.

Daniel

Reaction score
I poked around the device some more. The IMEI number is zero'ed out. I read about it online and it looks like occasionally when flashing custom ROMs, it can wipe out the IMEI. This is the most likely cause in this case. I ran the OTA update from vitelity twice, the second time shortly before this issue cropped up.

Right now I'm doing research on reliable ways to fix the IMEI on the phone. Has anyone else successfully run the 4.4.4 ROM update? And if you haven't, you might think twice before updating the ROM.

dhelsten

Reaction score
I just wanted to follow up and let the board know that Vitelity did replace my phone and fixed the issue. Thanks Vitelity!

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
if you do discover how to replace an IMEI let me know. thanks. *i mean repair..... imei lol n_n just looking for your follow up for my personal gain!

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.