FYI Vitelity's vMobile

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Even with WiFi and the pbx configured according Nerd Vittles, a vitelity trunk and cellar network is needed to make a call from the vMobile device.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Vitelity supplies the cellular connection as part of the vMobile package. And, yes, you would need some outbound trunk to make calls. Doesn't necessarily have to be from Vitelity.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
According to Chris Brown, a vitelty inbound trunk is needed to receive calls. I have voip.ms trunk and pstn line for outbound but he says a vitelity out trunk is also needed.
With WiFi and you are in an area with no cell service, the vMobile phone doesn't work

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
With WiFi and you are in an area with no cell service, the vMobile phone doesn't work

Are you saying that even though WIFI is working, if you don't have cell phone service in that area, then it won't work???? What's the point of WIFI then? I was imaging having this device while hanging out in the Caribbean pretending to be at work as long as I had WIFI ... but now you're saying that won't work ?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
According to Chris Brown, a vitelty inbound trunk is needed to receive calls. I have voip.ms trunk and pstn line for outbound but he says a vitelity out trunk is also needed.

I don't think that's correct, but I could be mistaken. I intentionally turned off our Vitelity trunks when we last visited the beach house, and vMobile worked great with both WiFi and cellular. But I'll have a chance to test it again soon. :)

Here's the response I got from Chris Brown:
WM: There seems to be some confusion about which Vitelity services are and are not required in order to deploy a vMobile phone. Can you clarify whether OTHER Vitelity trunks are required to either make or receive vMobile calls in both the WiFi situation and when you only have Sprint service?

Chris: You can use whatever trunks you want with vMobile. But if routing to PBX, a trunk is required for external calls. Any trunk works. I see no reason why a PRI or pots wouldn't work as well. The wifi stuff happens between the client and us.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
I'm in an area with no cell service at all. Good WiFi as I can browse the internet, connect to all my customers pbx servers without issues. I cannot make or receive any calls. Outgoing call results with this error "Mobile network not available"
But I was not able to receive any calls before I left home (ongoing trouble ticket).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.