TRY THIS vitelity trunk no inbound calls

vincer12

Reaction score
I setup a new vitelty account and the out bound calls work fine, but inbound calls hit the CLI and are dropped, here is part of the CLI output [2014-05-08 13:57:14] WARNING[8218][C-00000003]: Ext. s:6 @ from-sip-external: \" Rejecting unknown SIP connection from 66.241.99.181\"

I ran iptables-status and this IP is not in the ACCEPT list, How can I add it? Thanks

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
If the call is making it to Asterisk, the issue isn't IPTables. IPTables would prevent the call from making it to Asterisk.

Do you have one or two trunks configured for Vitelity?

john p

Reaction score
Since Asterisk is reporting the IP rather than the DNS name, I think that is the problem. I suggest editing /etc/hosts to add something like below, where ?? is the trunk number from Vitelity you are using in the trunk registration. Someone else may be able to give you a better idea why the OS name resolution is not working. You could also use the IP address in the trunk registration string rather than the name, with the obvious limitation. Hope this helps.

66.241.99.181 inbound??.vitelity.net

PBXEHR

Reaction score
vincer12, What is your vitality settings for outbound calls? I can receive calls but I cannot call out.

john p

Reaction score
Hope this helps - or me, in PEER Details as follows. If this does not help, suggest posting log excerpt of an outgoing call.
username=???
type=friend
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
secret=???
qualify=off
host=outbound???.vitelity.net
fromuser=???
dtmfmode=auto
canreinvite=no
allow=all
where ??? is as supplied by Vitelity

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Create sub-account(s) for your DID(s) at Vitelity and be certain that the routing method(s) for each sub-account is set as SIP Server (instead of SIP Device - which would be the choice for use with an ATA device).

In FreePBX, configure both incoming and outgoing aspects of your Vitelity trunk on the trunk configuration page, but be certain that the Trunk Name in the outgoing settings portion is different from what you use for the User Context in the Incoming Settings portion of the trunk configuration page.

Vitelity Outgoing Settings:
Trunk Name: vitel_out1
type=friend
dtmfmode=auto
username=[subaccount_name]
secret=[yoursecret]
fromuser=[subaccount_name]
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
context=from-trunk ; (this could be ext-did or from-pstn as well)
canreinvite=no
host=outbound.vitelity.net

Vitelity Incoming Settings:
User Context: vitel_in1
type=friend
dtmfmode=auto
username=[subaccount_name]
secret=[yoursecret]
context=from-trunk ; this could be ext-did or from-pstn as well)
insecure=port,invite
canreinvite=no
nat=yes
host=inboundNN.vitelity.net

Register String:
[subaccount_name]:[yoursecret]@inboundNN.vitelity.net:5060

Notes: for the above:
[subaccount_name] is the sub-account that you assign in your Vitelity account for the DID you are configuring.
[yoursecret] is the password that you assign in your Vitelity account for the DID being configured
inboundNN is the server address that Vitelity assigns when you configure your subaccount(s) (found at the top of the SubAccounts page)
All Vitelity outbound DIDs use the same server: outbound.vitelity.net
Don't include the brackets "[ ]" used in the illustration above in your configuration.

The above are used for several DID from Vitelity in my system ... all work, in and out, without problems.

/Pete./

BeerCan

Guru
Reaction score
Here are the settings I use in my vitelity outbound trunk
Code:
username=(account username)
type=friend
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
secret=(password)
nat=yes
host=outbound.vitelity.net
fromuser=(account username)
dtmfmode=auto
canreinvite=no
allow=all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.