TUTORIAL Vitelity setup

Soulpole

Reaction score
I sorry for posting this question again, but I think some of the setup has changed since the last post.

I have been using google voice for my home phone and now I have signed up for Vitelity. However, I my Vitelity inbound trunk is not working.

A little background:
I used the Trixbox setup wizard to try to configure my inbound and outbound trunks. This instructed me to create one inbound and one outbound sip trunks.

The inbound trunk:

Trunk name: inbound

Peer details:
type=friend
username=uname
secret=passwd
insecure=very
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
host=inbound16.vitelity.net
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

The registation string works:
Code:
uname:[email protected]:5060

The outbound trunk:

Trunk name: outbound

Peer details:
type=friend
username=uname
secret=passwd
fromuser=ntll_home
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
host=outbound.vitelity.net
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

Outbound does not have a registration string.

Extra information:
Networking and TCP/IP is my speciality, with that said all my ports are properly forwarded, and my firewall is passing traffic. Also ping test from my PBX goes to inbound16.vitelity.net and outbound.vitelity.net. Port scans show all positive information. My open ports are 5060 - 5061 and 10000 - 20000.

Thanks a million!

jackstay

Reaction score
Have you tried the Vitality recommended settings? Log into the Vitality portal and click the Support menu. I'm using the recommended settings with a nat router and no ports forwarded and it works fine. Also, be sure to check to see that your routing method in the Vitality web site is set correctly.

Trunk name
vitel-inbound

Peer Details on my inbound route are:
username=xxx
type=friend
t38pt_udptl=no
t38pt_tcp=no
t38pt_rtp=no
secret=xxx
insecure=port,invite
host=inbound18.vitelity.net
disallow=all
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
allow=ulaw

Good Luck!

myitguy

Guru
Reaction score
I just compared your settings to the ones I have, and everything is the same except that I do not have
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

Can you clarify what you mean by the Inbound doesn't work? This can mean a bunch of various things IMO.

Also, can you share some log file entries (Tools --> Asterisk Logfiles) and what you have under Tools --> Asterisk SIP Settings

For what it's worth, I haven't had to open any ports on my firewall to place/receive calls...

[edit]Also you might want to remove the from_user value from the post above in your outbound trunk sample as this is the same as your Vitelity username (At least in my case)[/edit]

Mike_S

Reaction score
My inbound trunk settings are the same as yours.

Did you set the ip address in the externip= which gets written into sip.conf? You need to do this if you are behind a router and using NAT. I always put a second NIC on my machines to avoid the NAT issues. This is especially handy if you intend to have remote phones behind firewalls connecting to your asterisk box. I also firewall the crap out of the public interface.

You may also try "nat=yes", although I believe it's Vitelity that needs to know that you are behind NAT, not the other way around.

Is your DNS resolving. Can you ping yahoo.com?

Soulpole

Reaction score
Thanks Guys!

I removed the forwarded ports and reconfigured the settings on my vitelity sub account. I also removed the allow and disallow as recommended.

It Works!!

ChicoCanada

Reaction score
hi all, I am stumped on this...

Just installed PIAF v2 (1.8 and 2.9) w/ IncrediblePBX 3. In the pre-made inbound trunk I put this in my peer details:

username=XXXXXXXXX
type=friend
t38pt_udptl=no
t38pt_tcp=no
t38pt_rtp=no
secret=XXXXXXXXXXXX
insecure=port,invite
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
allow=all
nat=yes

In my account in Vitelity, my sub account is set to NAT and shows as Online. In PIAF the trunk show as online and registered. My user context and user details on the trunk page are blank. I opened all the UDP ports on my firewall for 140.239.143.5 (inbound16.vitelity.net) pointed to my PIAF.

In the Asterisk SIP settings, I set NAT to yes, set IP to Dynamic and entered the host name, and put in my local network: 192.168.10.1/255.255.255.0

I am still running my old Trixbox server with the same hostname (dyndns) which is entered into the client on my firewall/router. I also have the same ports forwarded to my Trixbox. Could this be causing a problem? My guess is no, as I only have the ports open for 140.239.143.5 (inbound16.vitelity.net). I did the same with Trixbox, ports are open for specific IPs and IP ranges and none of them overlap. I have DNS resolution on my PIAF, 38ms ping to Vitelity :)

I want this Vitelity trunk for inbound only.

Any ideas?

********** UPDATE

My Peer details now are this:

type=friend
dtmfmode=auto
username=xxxxxxxx
secret=xxxxxxxxxxx
context=from-trunk
insecure=very
canreinvite=no
nat=yes

same problem.... :-(

ChicoCanada

Reaction score
Resolved!!!!!

I resolved the issue. Since I could not find anything wrong on my end (I always point the finger at myself by default), I turned my attention to Vitelity. I logged into my account on Vitelity's website and poked around in every section I could find. One detail caught my eye: click on the DID tab at the top, this takes you to the "main" sub-tab, I noticed that the "route to account" said "main", which seemed normal, but something told me that I might be able to select the "sub account" I had to create, even though I only had one. So I made the change and BAM! For once it wasn't me, well, kind of... ;-)

Cheers and I hope this helps anyone stuck like me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ejrubin
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.