NO JOY Vitelity Outbound Calls are dropping (sort of)

Reaction score
I'm not sure when this broke (I'm pretty sure it was working fine at one point since Vitelity was my original trunk), but I noticed yesterday when doing some trunk quality testing calls to my cell that calls going out my vitelity trunk seem to be dropping signal after 5-10 seconds. I just verified by calling my landline through the trunk to make sure it wasn't just calls to my cell.

When testing to the Cell:
I call, the cell rings, loses call before I can answer, then rings again and I can answer it.
I have full voice for about 10 seconds then nothing.
After another 30 seconds PIAF drops the call due to no RTP traffic.

When testing to POTS:
I call, it rings through PIAF via the Obi, I answer.
I have full sounds for about 5 seconds or so and then nothing.
I didn't wait for PIAF to hang it up on that test.

Ideas/suggestions?

Incoming calls work fine. I called from my cell to my Vitelity DID and it came through and connected and I talked to myself for 45 seconds or so with no issues.

Reaction score
For some reason my firewall was blocking the udp packets coming back from Vitelity (and psad was banning the IP).
I compared the trunk settings to my voip.ms outbound and added/changed a few settings to make it basically the same as that trunk and it seems to be working normally again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.