SOLVED Vitelity - one trunk or two?

Reaction score
I set up PiaF a couple of years ago creating one trunk for Vitelity using instructions found either here, or on Vitelity's web site. I recently looked at Vitelity's web site, and for their FreePBX configuration instructions, they show creating two trunks - one for inbound, and one for outbound.

Are there any advantages to using two trunks? Disadvantages?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
As far as I know, I have always had to have two trunks for Vitelity. One for inbound and one for outbound.

Reaction score
Mine seems to be working fine with one. Now, I'll qualify that statement by adding that I normally use google voice outbound. But, when the GV trunk isn't working, my Vitelity trunk handles outbound calls.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
I ran with one for months, then one morning, no go. Had to define 2. Vitel-Inbound and Vitel-Outbound.

kenn10

Reaction score
Same here. I've always had to use two trunks for inbound and outbound to work correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.