DEAL Vitelity November Specials

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
vitelity.jpg

As most of you know, Vitelity has been a long-time financial supporter of the PBX in a Flash project. They've just announced some November specials that may be of interest to some of you.

For low-volume DIDs, Vitelity has introduced smartDIDs. You basically get a DID for $1.49/mo. with all the bells and whistles. And then you pay by the minute (1.2¢) for the actual inbound calls. Unlimited DIDs remain a terrific bargain with unlimited local inbound calls and free in-network calling included in the $3.99/mo. price.

Here's the special signup link to get the PBX in a Flash brother-in-law specials.

Tony Bui

Reaction score
vitelity.jpg

As most of you know, Vitelity has been a long-time financial supporter of the PBX in a Flash project. They've just announced some November specials that may be of interest to some of you.

For low-volume DIDs, Vitelity has introduced smartDIDs. You basically get a DID for $1.49/mo. with all the bells and whistles. And then you pay by the minute (1.2¢) for the actual inbound calls. Unlimited DIDs remain a terrific bargain with unlimited local inbound calls and free in-network calling included in the $3.99/mo. price.

Here's the special signup link to get the PBX in a Flash brother-in-law specials.

Can you post instructions on adding incoming and outgoing trunks with a raspberry pi w/ vitelity?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Tony Bui: Please post help questions in the HELP forum.

To answer your question, log into your Vitelity account and choose Support -> FreePBX. You'll find configuration examples for both inbound and outbound trunks.

Tony Bui

Reaction score
thanks - have already done that. I've opened up a ticket w/ vitelity. Both incoming and outgoing trunks show up in freepbx status. vitelity tells me that the switch is not responding to their invites. Nov 15 6:11:31.428 AM x.x.x.x > x.x.x.x INVITE sip:[email protected]:5060 SIP/2.0

Tony Bui

Reaction score
I did notice that the inbound trunk I set up in the config has a warning message:

WARNING: This trunk is not used by any routes!
?

Is this warning just for outbound trunks or is it relevant to my problem?
I

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
I believe that message is regarding outgoing routes. When I look at my trunks, it lists the number of outgoing routes that use that trunk, not incoming routes.

Tony Bui

Reaction score
Anybody out there successfully configure an incoming trunk w/ vitelity on their raspi? If yes, can you share your inbound trunk config?

Tony Bui

Reaction score
Current status on issue from vitelity:

This is usually due to the invites not being received by your PBX or not sufficient resources to process the invites. This has been seen very often by customers trying to use a Raspberry Pi. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

So is Vitelity a viable trunk alternative for the raspi environment?

Tony Bui

Reaction score
Vitelity blames connectivity issue on Raspi!

"We do not have specific configurations for running FreePBX on a Raspberry Pi. It is likely the device does not have enough processing power to reliably run FreePBX. If you have any further questions, please let us know. "

Has anyone successfully connected Raspi to Vitelity for inbound trunks?

Tony Bui

Reaction score
I've fixed the problem. It was not the firewall, but a configuration with the travelin Man files. I had to add an new FQDN entry in my raspi config to match the inbound32.vitelity.net address. Apparently more hosts have been added to the vitelity offering than was reflected in the canned files that were in the raspi configs.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I've fixed the problem. It was not the firewall, but a configuration with the travelin Man files. I had to add an new FQDN entry in my raspi config to match the inbound32.vitelity.net address. Apparently more hosts have been added to the vitelity offering than was reflected in the canned files that were in the raspi configs.

Actually, Travelin' Man manages the IPtables firewall. But, yes, if you have a newer Vitelity host, you've probably got to add that entry with /root/add-fqdn.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.