QUESTION Vitelity DID Configuration

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of PIAF and have been using it since Version 1.7.5.1 with great success. Thanks for all of the wisdom of the developers, Ward, Tom, et. al., as well as the wise advice of the contributors to the PIAF Forums.

When I configure Vitelity DIDs, I define the inbound and outbound details on the same trunk configuration panel in FreePBX - putting the "Inbound" details in the Inbound Section and "Outbound" details in the Outbound Section, and of course, providing the registration string in the corresponding box, and it seems to work just fine. My approach to trunk configuration is contrary to the suggested trunk configurations of Incredible PBX - even though the approach seems to work OK with Incredible. Other entries in the Incredible suggestions (outbound: disallow=all, allow=ulaw; inbound: t38pt_udptl=no, t38pt_tcp=no, t38pt_rtp=no, disallow=all, allow=ulaw) that are not in my trunk settings.

My Outbound Settings (example):
Code:
Trunk Name: Vitelity-Out

username=abcdefg123
type=friend
trustrpid=yes
sendrpit=yes
secret=Secret123
host=outbound.vitelity.net
fromuser=abcdefg123
dtmfmode=auto
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
My Inbound Settings (example):
Code:
User Context: Vitelity-In

username=abcdefg123
type=friend
secret=Secret123
qualify=no
nat=yes
insecure=port,invite
host=inbound41.vitelity.net
dtmfmode=auto
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no

abcdefg123:[email protected]:5060

I'm looking for confirmation that the approach (to put both incoming and outgoing settings on the same trunk configuration panel) is OK ... or as with the examples found in the current Incredible 11-12 version of FreePBX that the inbound and outbound aspects of the DID. (I notice that the "inbound" specifications for the trunk are in the Outgoing Settings section of the Incredible PBX panel - is this correct, or does it really matter?)

Recently though, I have been experiencing problems with some of my DIDs reporting "UNAVAILABLE" in [Asterisk Info] | [Peers] ... but with no obvious cause identified. When I ping the "unavailable" address(es), the result is a different IP than was reported. I have not yet tried to separate the incoming and outgoing aspects of the DID onto separate trunk configuration panels. Could this be a DNS problem? A Configuration error related to the above? When this occurs, restarting the server (shutdown -r now in Linux) resolves the unavailable problem temporarily.

Thanks for any insight.

/Pete./

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.