GO HERE Video Door Entry Phone

leemason

Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone every used a video entry phone system with PIAF/Asterisk. I've been asked by someone to provide this for an existing PIAF installation and see that there are some SIP video door entry systems but I've never seen one in use. I just wondered whether anyone had every installed and used one of these and whether they were compatible with standard SIP video phones such as the Grandstream?

Thanks in advance.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I have used a plain door phone that wasn't designed for SIP but for a standard phone line in conjunction with a SPA2012. It prompts for the person's name, records it, then makes a doorbell sound along with the person's name through my whole-house audio system.
Quick search reveals a few straight-SIP options:
Algo, Valcom, 2N (the one I wish I had), ProVu
Though not all of them have video capabilities.

My doorphone specifically is a Viking E-50E and it has a camera, though it is not network enabled. Uses two pairs of CAT5e wire - one for 12V power, one for phone tip/ring. Sends video signal back via coax to a network video encoder.
This all worked just fine until it got pressure-washed...with bleach. I haven't bought a new one yet, but before it got washed, it worked just fine. I wasn't all too happy with the speaker volume, but the mic picked up decently well. There's probably a way, especially with the new favorite Yealink T-46G to pull a JPG link from any network-enabled camera.

Ward mentioned at some point using a Grandstream GXP2200 with a separate Grandstream network camera. It was either here on the forums or on NerdVittles. Maybe a search is in order?

I have also thought about taking apart the Nortel 1535 and trying to fit it into a doorphone-sized box, but I just haven't had the time.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I know at least one of the Grandstream cameras actually has SIP with 2-way audio built into it. Do you need one that also will release the locked door? I know I've seen those also, need to lookup to see who it was that had it though.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We use the Grandstream video/phone. Works great. Includes POE and WiFi. Sets up just like a SIP phone. You can call its extension which will auto-answer and let you talk to and observe your Jehovah's Witness pamphlet distributors like we did today. :wub:

thepainter

Reaction score
We use the Grandstream video/phone. Works great. Includes POE and WiFi. Sets up just like a SIP phone. You can call its extension which will auto-answer and let you talk to and observe your Jehovah's Witness pamphlet distributors like we did today. :wub:

Where can you find this? I'm interested.

leemason

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks very much for that. I've been in touch with 2N and will probably go for one of their Vario video entry phones. It's not cheap but it does everything required including having a relay that will work with an existing magnetic lock on the door. So we can have remote door release. It also supports entry key fobs which might well be useful for the future!

leemason

Guru
Reaction score
I will keep you posted. My customer is refurbishing their reception and hopefully will go for one of these. Nice thing is that it can link via RTSP into their CCTV system as well so the camera can be always on as sneaky way of keeping an eye on any intruders!

miguel

Reaction score
and how do they ring the bell On the grandstream??

Huckda

Guru
Reaction score
I will keep you posted. My customer is refurbishing their reception and hopefully will go for one of these. Nice thing is that it can link via RTSP into their CCTV system as well so the camera can be always on as sneaky way of keeping an eye on any intruders!
Any Update Lee?

leemason

Guru
Reaction score
I've got a meeting with the customer the week after next. They are not going for the 2N model but an alternative which their security company has suggested.

thepainter

Reaction score
.... and how do you get the feed from the camera to the phone? (Cisco 7970) ........ yes Ward we all know your feelings about Cisco phones :)

rjaiswal

Reaction score
.... and how do you get the feed from the camera to the phone? (Cisco 7970) ........ yes Ward we all know your feelings about Cisco phones :)
If it's an analog feed, you'd need an encoder:
http://www.grandstream.com/products/surveillance/gxv3500/documents/gxv3500_spec_sheet.pdf

From there, you'd need to specify a service using the services.xml menu. If the phone can't handle a direct stream, you could set the encoder to ftp a still to a local webserver, and set the webserver to auto refresh the page, and have the phone go to that url...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.