SOLVED Vestalink 933 e911 Test Call Fails?

john p

Reaction score
I've recently added Vestalink as a SIP trunk in my migration away from GV. From their doc, I understand they offer that one can call 933 to test the e911 info. But when I do so, my logs show failure on channel unavailable. This is the 1st time I've tried to dial an outside extension only 3 digits so am not certain what is going on. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks for any ideas.
John Pellet

Below is a log excerpt for info.

-- Executing [s@macro-dial-one:42] Dial("SIP/214-0000002e", "Local/933@vest-in,,tr") in new stack
-- Couldn't call Local/933@vest-in
== Everyone is busy/congested at this time (0:0/0/0)

Reaction score
Have you set up an outbound route to call 933 and tell it what trunk to use? In your outbound route you need to add 933 as a dial pattern to the trunk that will be used to call 911. So you should have what ever other traffic you are matching there ie 7 and 10 digit dialing matching as well as 911 and 933 if that is all going over the same route.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.