QUESTION Very new to this, need help for diagnosis of problems

Mark Cornelius

Reaction score
Greetings PBX forum.

I'm in a bit of a bind. The IT person that set up our phone system was let go, and I was training to be his backup. However I have little training or schooling in IT so I am stuck trying to get as much information as possible. So approaching this from the point that I am quite new at this, I have some questions I could use your help with.

A quick outline of the system. The previous IT person installed a PBX in a Flash on one of our servers. The server is running Windows 7, and some of the controls are in an Oracle VM virtual box running on the server. We are hosted on NexVortex. I know precious few other details, but I can try to answer questions.

So, here is where I am running into two problems. The first problem we are having is that rarely when people call into our system, the phone menu isn't registering their key presses so they cannot go anywhere. I have not been able to replicate this problem. I tried to talk to a NexVortex representative to figure this out and he asked me to set up a Wireshark capture. I've tried to figure this out, downloading it onto the server with the Oracle VM box on it, but apparently it is not capturing any of the phone traffic. Any help figuring out why my phone system occasionally won't register peoples menu choices?

Second Problem. A couple of employees have come to me saying that they are no longer receiving voicemail emails. As in, there is Google Voice numbers set up in the follow me settings, and for whatever reason it has stopped making .wav files of voice mails and also stopped the transcription of voicemails into email. I've tried toggling settings in Google Voice, and also tried to reduce ring time in the Follow Me settings to no avail.

Sorry that this is a long message but I'm hoping to find some help here. Any would be appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.