TRY THIS User Control Panel - password

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
I'm definitely missing something here. I have a new installation of IncrediblePBX13-12.0 for CentOS 6.6 installed on hardware. I followed the instructions above from wardmundy in another thread (<a href="http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/install-issue.17419/#post-112556">Install Issue</a>) for setting the passwords for Apache web access (Create an admin password for Apache web access: htpasswd /etc/pbx/wwwpasswd admin), but I am still unable to access the User Control Panel (UCP) from the GUI.

Following the instructions gives me successful access to the "Maintenance" options (Config Edit, Sys Info, phpMyAdmin) which were inaccessible prior to setting the admin password, as instructed.

The UCP login panel appears to default to "admin" (or maybe that's from a prior attempt to access UCP?) but the password that I set from the instruction above results in "Invalid Login Credentials." I have tried other known accounts (maint, root, etc.) but always get the same error message.

Maybe I don't understand the concept behind the UCP ... but I'd sure like to better understand what using the UCP might accomplish - and to at least be able to access the function.

/Pete./

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
True! I didn't - and probably still don't completely - understand the concepts and services behind the User Control Panel. However, having spent (more) time researching the topic, I've found that the user accounts are managed through the User Management function under "Admin." I finally found the wiki page at FreePBX that provides most of the information that I was looking for ... at wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=28180526.

While the UCP appears to consolidate many (administrative) functions into one module, its' most benefits the management of the iPBX for larger organizations - the real benefits may not be so apparent for a 'home user' or small Incredible PBX server manager.

If I'm wrong with my understanding of this, please correct me. Otherwise, I hope that my recent insight is of help to others who are befuddled by similar inability in accessing the UCP feature in this (and probably subsequent) versions of Incredible PBX.

Thanks to Ward et. al., for their expertise and willingness to contribute of their time to the PBX In A Flash project(s).

/Pete./

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
IIRC the UCP uses extension credentials, e.g. extension number and extension password.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cajeptha
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.