FOOD FOR THOUGHT Use Conference room speakers/in table mics

MrBostn

Guru
Reaction score
We have a rather large conference room where I have two IP phones. Snom 710 and a Polycom ip4000. These connect to our PIAF.

The phones work well but I've been asked if I could utilize the the speakers that are currently installed in the ceiling and the mics that are installed in the table.

I'd likely need a mixer of some sort, but unsure if there is a way to connect the current phones. Buying phones and/or telco equipment is okay too.

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
The IP4000 is a dedicated conference phone, right? Are the mics hooked to it, or a separate system?

MrBostn

Guru
Reaction score
The IP4000 is a dedicated conference phone, right? Are the mics hooked to it, or a separate system?

The IP4000 is connected to our PIAF The Polycom external mics are connected to the IP4000.
What we want to try and do is either connect that Polycom IP4000 to the ceiling speakers AND the built in table mics. The table mics are these http://www.shure.com/americas/produ...395-microflex-low-profile-boundary-microphone

I know I would need some sort of sound mixers amps or whatnot. I also found that AMX makes a sip gateway. http://www.amx.com/products/CSG.asp

Basically we want to make a whole room phone that connects to out PIAF box.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I assume those put out in XLR analog format (the boundary mics that is). I'd hook all of those up to an analog mixer and find some way to either connect those to the Polycom or run the output from the mixer to a headset jack on the 710. I was going to suggest hooking the mics to a Snom PA1, dialing the call on the Polycom and conferencing in the PA1, but that would just cause feedback like crazy.

MrBostn

Guru
Reaction score
I assume those put out in XLR analog format (the boundary mics that is). I'd hook all of those up to an analog mixer and find some way to either connect those to the Polycom or run the output from the mixer to a headset jack on the 710. I was going to suggest hooking the mics to a Snom PA1, dialing the call on the Polycom and conferencing in the PA1, but that would just cause feedback like crazy.

Yes XLR. Thanks for the input. I'll start reading...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.