I have PIAF with following details..

x PIAF Installed Version = 3.6.5 under *VIRTUALBOX* x
x FreePBX Version = 2.11.0.42 x
x Running Asterisk Version = 11.7.0 x
x Asterisk Source Version = 11.7.0 x
x Dahdi Source Version = 2.8.0.1 x
x Libpri Source Version = 1.4.14 x
x Operating System = PBX in a Flash release 3.6.5 (PIAF3) x

How do I upgrade to latest version of PIAF ? do i need to reinstall everything ?
I have tried running upgrade-fpbx but that always return error saying no mirrors found. (same error over several months).

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Why do you need to upgrade? Is something wrong? (PS you're on the latest (sort of) PIAF version but not the latest Asterisk)

CoinTos

Reaction score
As mentioned by atsak, you are running latest PIAF, if you want the latest and greatest (ymmv) you need to download upgrade the sources aka asterisk, dahdi, pri. Freepbx itself can be upgraded through itself at the Admin -> Module Admin.

So for dahdi and pri sources go to asterisk.org and download them. Then follow their knowledge base:

First, upgrade DHADI
Then upgrade PRI

Then use Ward's wonderful asterisk-green upgrade script.

Now you have the latest and greatest... blah blah. :)
Now I am a hobbyist so I am do this every time there is a security notice or something interesting in the change logs. In all honesty the only thing you need update is Asterisk itself using Ward's script and really that is only needs to be done if there is security notice release.

Enjoy.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
I run update-programs, then update-fixes

I then use freepbx-gui module admin and upgrade all modules,

I then use the asterisk-green upgrade script to pull in the latest lts version of asterisk 11.

I have also ran yum update fail2ban after reading in the bugs that fail2ban had been broken by the schmooze repo.

actimin

Reaction score
Sorry for posting to this old thread, but what to do if you are running PIAF 2.0.6.4?

I was successful running the asterisk-green update script which moved me to 11.17.1, but update-programs and update-fixes do not work any longer. Is there a way to download/install the programs from PIAF 3.x?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
No, you do a fresh install and copy the settings over . . .

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Sorry for posting to this old thread, but what to do if you are running PIAF 2.0.6.4?

I was successful running the asterisk-green update script which moved me to 11.17.1, but update-programs and update-fixes do not work any longer. Is there a way to download/install the programs from PIAF 3.x?

do a full backup from freepbx backup and restore, copy the backup off the server, fresh install piaf3, making sure you keep the same freepbx version, full restore from freepbx backup and restore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.